Nanjing, China (PressExposure) November 19, 2009 -- Rugs are popular since the ancient times. As a great addition to a warm house, most people will take no hesitations to buy a beautiful rug. Itâs also a good idea to invest on precious rugs, such as Persian rugs, oriental rugs, silk rugs, area rugs and so on, as youâve noticed that there are more and more people owning rugs sale or rugs online shops. However, keeping a carpet clean and fresh through the years can a great challenge for most of the housewives. Donât worry anymore. Here I have 10 tips for you to shoot the trouble.
1. Roll a rug temporarily out of use along the surface hair or wool and store it in dry and cold. Carpet fringes should be in neat way without any twists.
2. Spray pesticides or anti-pest drugs, usually Naphthalene Powder, over the rolled rugs for storage. Wrap or pad your carpets by moisture proof articles like plastic sheet in case of any dampness and pollution.
3. Rugs in large quantities should not be over palletized, as a long time and sustainable pressure will cause furrows, ridges, or creases on the surface. Donât forget to regularly offer your rugs pet-resistant drugs and proper ventilation.
4. Put a larger fabric pad on the part of your carpet that touches the furniture or move your furniture periodically. Both are good ways to reduce the pressure on the surface of your rug and thus prevent it from being out of shape.
5. Urgent measures should be taken to protect those badly worn parts suffering constant tramping and matting. Moving your carpet to a different place is also a good choice.
6. As we all know, sunlight will fade colors. When you buy a new carpet, donât forget to put it in a place where it can be screened from direct sunlight. The drawn drapery is just the good assistant to keep direct sunlight from fading the rug. Keep your carpet away from oil, substance, coffee, tea and so on. Clean it as soon as possible when dirt happens. A light pollution like oil and dirt can be washed off by fine washing liquid. As regard to severe pollution, youâd better turn to professional cleaners or companies. Usually, they can be expensive, but much cheaper than your old precious carpet or new one. Please keep it mind that you should take actions as soon as possible because the longer the dirt goes unwashed, the less chance for you to keep your carpet.
7. Do a regular dust removal while using a rug. It is recommended to sweep the carpet along the wool by vacuum cleaner in a gentle way. Tools with notched or rough margins cannot be used in case of any damage to your rugs. Call professional cleansers to help you wash the rugs with lots of dusts through years.
8. If dents occur, please follow the steps. First, wipe your rug by a clean towel soaked in hot water and then comb the wool in the same direction. Second, cover the damaged part by wet towel after the original vein reappears. Finally, iron the carpet in the direction of wool and the dents will soon disappear.
9. If there is any worm-eated part or damage, please address emergencies for a repair service as soon as possible.
10. Keep your pets like puppy and kitty from your new rugs as long as you want to abandon your delicate carpet or your cute pets are old enough to be housetrained.
These above are all I want to share with you and I hope youâll find them useful. As there is a saying that nothing will last long without proper care and patience. Letâs take actions right now to keep us own a new rug everyday and make our house a real warm home.
About this author: Loui Lu is the CEO of arearugs2door.com. For more information on Persian rugs, oriental rugs, silk rugs, rug sale, rugs online, area rugs, visit them on the web at http://arearugs2door.com