Bloomfield Hills, MI (PressExposure) January 19, 2010 -- Sweden government urged to maintain nationalization option for Saab and Volvo as potential sales of these firms (to a bevy of suitors inclusive of China) so core to the country's industrial base, and source of national pride, move towards presumed completion. "We know from China's observable and covert activities, which are consistent with an abiding ideology ( http://ow.ly/Xkua) of surpassing the US and Europe economically and militarily",says eMOTION! REPORTS.com Publisher Myron D.Stokes, "Saab and Volvo facilities will be stripped of their manufacturing equipment and processes in a manner mirroring the fate of MG-Rover in 2005. Conversely,The Swedish Crown, while maintaining a nationalization option as the ultimate means to ensure its sovereignty, would do well to extract a committment from successful bidders that core Sweden/Scandinavia production facilities (Trollhattan,Uusikaupunki) will remain in current locales in perpetuity and at existing unit volumes."
Stokes also notes that intelligence sources confirm China's keen interest in acquiring through any means additional access to SAAB and Volvo Aero (formerly Flygmotor) aerospace and weaponry technologies. "The theft of F-22, F-35, Aegis BMD and C-17 technologies by China has been confirmed, and like them, SAAB and Volvo represents a rich prize for the PLA." In other news, Stokes, through unnamed sources speaking on a condition of anonymity, confirms a continuing interest by a US financial entity to support, if needed, Bernie Ecclestone's bid for Saab. "Spyker has just upped the ante (USD500million) and Ecclestone may need to follow suit", says Stokes. "This entity believes that the man responsible for taking an exclusive, low visibility, 'rich man's' motorsports venue like Formula 1 and turning it into the powerhouse it has been for the past two decades despite its current difficulties, would insert Saab into a nurturing environment wherein its legendary culture of extremely advanced automotive and aerospace technological development can run free in a manner not dissimilar to the US Space Program circa 1960. Indeed, an environment where anything was possible." (UPDATE) 1/13/10 -- The unnamed US-base financial entity mentioned as having interest in supporting F1's Bernie Ecclestone's bid for Saab, maintains such interest in light of GM providing more time for viable bids to be considered. "At this moment, Mr. Ecclestone appears to have matters well in hand", says a source close to the firm. "However, the entity will observe the Saab interactions closely, while maintaining a strong interest in Ecclestone and Genii prevailing in the acquistion." (UPDATE 1) 1/12/10 -- Sources are advising that a US-based financial entity is considering supporting Bernie Ecclestone's 11th hour (artificially imposed by GM, we are convinced) bid to acquire Saab. "GM's regrettable treatment of Saab has induced a global outcry", says a source who spoke on grounds of anonymity, " And this particular entity not only has a great deal of respect for the brand, but like Ecclestone, has strong motorsports roots. If it is decided that support of the Ecclestone effort, which they find laudable, is justifiable, they will be in touch with the appropriate parties at F1 within 24 hours." --
eMOTION! REPORTS.com, (www.emotionreports.com) an automotive/aerospace industries research and analysis site founded in 2001 targeting professionals within the academic, media, corporate and government sectors, has recently released "2009/2010 Auto Industry Analysis: GM's Transition to China" that takes dead aim at the primary culprit in the near destruction of the US industrial base and financial sector meltdown:China.
In driving the point home, several key statements, based on observable, quantifiable data are made:
1. General Motors Company is now under the de facto control of the China auto sector.
2. The bankruptcy and rush to sell-off core GM assets inclusive of Opel, Saab, Saturn, Pontiac, Hummer and GMAC, was all part of a well orchestrated strategy launched over two decades ago by Beijing to capture the US auto industry, even as Japan, South Korea and Europe, in a notably less destructive way, had initiated their own.
3. The implementation of this strategy was aided and abetted by shortsighted and irresponsible individuals within industry, government and academia.
4. Recommends that Saab and Volvo are immediately nationalized to prevent total capture by the China auto sector, which in several instances has been represented by front companies.
5. Commends those European countries, inclusive of Belgium, Spain, UK and the Flemish government, who worked together to prevent the selloff of Opel; a circumstance representing profoundly negative economic implications had it been accomplished as originally intended.
6. Reveals, based on still classified data and imagery within US State Department and Department of Defense (DoD) archives, that Mao Zhedong, in a move echoing that of Josef Stalin, ordered the extermination of old and infirm Chinese he deemed unable to work in the aftermath of his defeat of the nationalist forces of Generalissimo Chaing Kai-Shek in 1949. The number of those killed in the days and weeks transpiring subsequent to order issuance, at least 70 million and as high as 120 million, exceeds by several orders of magnitude the known estimates in the 1949-1976 timeframe which included "The Great Leap Forward". It is worth noting the higher estimate at the time represented half of the population of the United States.
A slight expansion of an eyewitness account, presented with surrounding context from the analysis, follows:
"How the present position of GM was set in motion is an exercise in a somewhat greedy corporate strategy flanked by blinders. In a quest for expansion and untapped Asian dollars GM, several decades ago, made the bold move of seeking out a business footprint in that Communist-controlled country.
"As its presence grew, the evidences of China's dubious human history were there to be seen by anyone who looked. Visions of the country's forced one-child family policy, detention centers for those citizens seeking redress from corrupt officials, the Stalin-esque elimination of millions of elderly no longer able to work... (note: Eyewitness accounts include those of contract Air Cargo personnel for the US military who reported "rivers choked bank to bank with bodies of the old and infirm, hands tied with wire behind their backs, as far as the eye could see at our radar avoiding' flight level and line of sight of seven miles. We used high-resolution cameras in our [Consolidated] PBY [Catalina Flying Boat] to document these observations, with a death toll estimate partially corroborated by the Red Cross and other capable people of at least 70 Million. We chanced upon this horrific scene while flying along the coast over the East China Sea not far from Shanghai, when we observed at least a thousand sharks headed inland. Having no idea what would be bringing the sharks in, we flew lower for a closer look and followed them up a river for approximately five or six miles to a sight we will never forget: a massive feeding frenzy on human victims.") ... or college students who protested were avoidable if one looked in a different direction. Also ignored was China's blatant disregard for anyone else's property or intellectual property rights."