1552 Goldcliff Circle, DC (PressExposure) May 12, 2009 -- Ever since the start of search engines, the race to get to the top of search engine results has been going on. According to an expert on orange county seo, search engine optimization, more popularly known as SEO, is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines. Most sites are primarily concerned with landing their sites within the first page or two of the search engines. Some sites get the services of Orange County search engine optimization companies while others prefer to do their own Orange County internet marketing and SEO themselves.
Itâs not too difficult to do your own SEO work especially since there are many resources on the internet on different SEO techniques. Below are just some of them.
* Title Tag. The title tag is one of the most important tags in a website and it plays a large role in the indexing of a website. Internet users and search engines alike look at the page title first to determine what a web page is all about. It is vital that your title contains a keyword or two. Itâs best if each page of your website has its own title tag.
* Meta Tag. The description tag and the keyword tag are the two primary meta tags. The description tag is equally important because it is listed in search results. It is what an internet user gets to read when your site comes up in the search results. The keyword tag is more important for the search engine spiders. Be sure not to go overboard by using too much keywords, called keyword stuffing.
* Alt Tag. The images in your site could generate traffic with the use of alt tags. These alt tags were meant for text browsers because images didnât show in text. Again, make smart use of keywords. Make sure your alt tags appropriately describe the images in your web page.
* Links. Itâs important to have as many links to your site as possible. Avoid link farming and link buying. Itâs best if keywords are included in the link and the links are kept short.
* Content. Some sites get by without any kind of conscious SEO efforts. They just rely on good, reliable, relevant content. Itâs best also if enough keywords are included in your content.