East Arlington, TX (PressExposure) October 01, 2009 -- Do you need a couple of pointers in designing your own custom greeting cards? Well look no further. For your reference, I have listed down five great tips on how to design your own custom greeting cards from home.
These tips should help you a lot in lessening the time needed to create print greeting cards.
Just read on below and see how you can do this for yourself.
1. Use multiple images as a foundation - The first thing you ought to know about designing custom greeting cards is that one image does not cut it. It is always a good idea to have multiple images as the candidates for the cover position of the greeting card. Hainge lots of pictures give you plenty of options to choose from just in case people's reactions to the first ones are bad. Before starting with the design, do not forget to look for as many other options for the cover as possible.
2. Always enhance your images - You should also take note that all your images must be enhanced. In this digital world, there is no excuse NOT to improve your images. Images that are enhanced are usually better looking and they have that subtle feeling of high quality that non-enhanced images do not have.
3. Use only high resolution images - Always remember as well to use images that are in high resolution. Most printing companies require this for printing layouts to avoid printing badly distorted images en masse. When you are collecting raw images, it might be a good idea to make sure that it is in high resolution.
4. Choose font styles that fit the occasion - Also, it is always important to focus on the font styles of your greeting card. Many people ignore the font style of a greeting card, using only the default ones in use by applications. However, other free font styles out there can be much better or appropriate for a specific occasion. This makes for a better and more coherent greeting card design.
5. Acquire a template with the proper printing guidelines - If you are having trouble starting your greeting card, it is always a good idea to acquire a template with the proper printing guidelines for a greeting card. These templates should take away a lot of the decisions for you providing you with a set document for which to serve as a foundation for your design. Download some templates if you can via the Internet.
Good! These tips should come in pretty handy once the holidays come and you create your own custom greeting card. Good Luck!