Essex, Florida (PressExposure) July 15, 2009 -- Imagine that there is a beauty pageant competition among the metals found on earth and tungsten is one of the contestants. As tungsten proudly shows off its overt qualities, the host would then state the concealed ones. It may be in this manner:
- 6,100 degrees Fahrenheit is the highest melting point of all metals. And this is possessed by tungsten.
- More than being a very hard and dense metal, tungsten is almost virtually impossible to scratch especially when combined with other metals.
- 40 years of being a staple in industrial applications is not enough. There is no stopping tungsten from reaching higher grounds. And now, this metal is also used in jewelry making.
- For instance, a tungsten ring has the features that are aesthetically appealing and durable enough to withstand normal everyday use.
- Shiny, lustrous, and polished --- these are the many looks that you can have when wearing tungsten jewelries.
Having said all those, it can be inferred that the metal has a lot of edge over the others. And in the realm of jewelry making, it has a very good chance of making to the top 10, if not top 5. When combined with a carbon alloy, it tips the Mohs hardness scale between 8.5 and 9.5. The toughness and strength of tungsten is surely admirable. And because many people on the go of this generation aspire of owning a jewelry piece that exudes durability, affordability, and style, many manufacturers have come up with pieces made from tungsten. One of the worldâs favorite jewelry item is the ring.
tungsten rings take pride in their one-in-a-million like qualities: five times harder than steel, four times harder than titanium, and ten times harder than 18k gold. Furthermore, these rings resist scratch and damage. Jewelry manufacturers claim that probably the only way a ring made of tungsten can be damaged is through extreme measures or being struck with a hammer. The same qualities are evident in diamond --- very hard but ductile at the same time.
You can instantly get attuned to your fashionable side by wearing an artfully crafted to the top quality tungsten rings. A good number of men and women, the young and the old, have discovered the difference of purchasing a jewelry item that is considerably light on the budget but still features top of the line characteristics. The affordability of such rings may be attributed to the metal used as binder.
Many manufacturers use cobalt as metal binder for mainly for its cheap production costs. However, there is a downside. There is a very high tendency for oxidation to happen because cobalt has the property of bonding with oils produced in the skin. Sadly, the tarnished look cannot be removed by grinding or polishing. Another metal binder is nickel which fares better than cobalt. Because nickel is chemically inert, oxidation will never occur. Moreover, it will not irritate the skin as it is hypoallergenic. Sometimes it may not appear important for a buyer to know these things. But a little research will make you smarter in choosing which items to buy.
You are a sure winner with your tungsten rings. Not only are you stylish; you are a wise cutomer.