Telford, PA (PressExposure) November 12, 2009 -- There are many things you can put in your print postcards for marketing. However, only the correct and appropriate approach will usually lead to success.
That is why your approach and design is something that must be thought of well for your marketing campaign to succeed. In my experience, five main approaches can usually do this.
To help you with your campaign, I am going to share with you these five successful approaches.
1. Lifestyle - this is one of the most successful approaches to marketing. In most cases, businesses actually try to market a certain lifestyle that comes with their products. Color postcards are a prime medium to display such a lifestyle through its cover image. It can be people relaxing without a care in the world, or a model with the best clothes, or it can be a cool dude with all the best gadgets. Whatever the subject is, as long as the lifestyle is projected right in the postcard, people will want that lifestyle. That is why this approach can be very powerful.
2. Information - Now, most people also want information. Lots of businesses are capitalizing on this need by disseminating information. By printing statistics that are related to the product or service that is being marketed, the advertising tool can inform people of the benefits and dangers related to those products and services. People of course will respond strongly to these types of postcards since they will learn quite a lot of things that are useful. If you compose your marketing postcard right, you can subtly influence them to buy your products or avail of your services because of the information that they have just read. It is quite an effective and simple approach.
3. Art - Art of course almost always sells. People like getting beautiful and artistic postcards to look at. Some even collect them as a hobby. If you want to capitalize on this idea, then you can also try printing such for business. By just printing beautiful designs on a postcard with a small logo of your company, or maybe a small marketing message, you not only spread inspiration and beautiful images to other people, you also promote your company and your products as well. Having an artistic marketing material is a nice dual use medium that is well worth printing too.
4. Form - If you want to directly influence your potential customers, then you can send advertising tools with forms or application. If you have seen those subscription postcards in magazines, you should know what I am talking about. This can cause readers to think immediately about ordering or availing of your services since it can easily be done through the form you sent. This simple and elegant marketing strategy can give you direct sales or responses.
5. Souvenir - Finally, you can also sponsor souvenir advertising. For example, you can print historical sites, resort destinations and many other tourist spots. While tourists will buy them as souvenirs, you can of course communicate subtle marketing messages to them regarding your products and services. Like the art postcard, it is a subtle way to advertise while the postcard remains useful for the person receiving or using it.
These five approaches to marketing are usually successful in getting your message across. You should try this in your future postcard printing endeavors. Good Luck!