Santa Clara, CA (PressExposure) June 29, 2012 -- BitsAbound Inc, announced the release of "Active Directory Assist" for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The app is primarily aimed at Windows System Administrators to help them search and manage Active Directory Users, Computers, Groups and Contacts. It also provides quick reports to find "Locked Accounts", "Soon to expire password" and "Soon to expire accounts".
Active Directory Assist provides end to end, secure and encrypted access to Active Directory over Wi-Fi or Cellular Network. It uses industry standard Kerberos v5 protocol, which is an integral part of Active Directory to keep all communications encrypted and secure. The solution is completely agent less, with absolutely no software installation or changes required within the Enterprise Network.
Imagine a windows administrator, being far way from office and needing access to Active Directory in Corporate office, can just download this app on ios device, and immediately manage Active Directory literally in minutes. Using reports, the admin can pro actively look for user accounts with "soon to expire passwords" and help user base with password management.
- Search users, computers, groups and contacts
- View and edit attributes of users, computers, groups and contacts.
- Manage user actions such as Password Reset, Unlock, Account Expiry and other account management options.
- Add or remove users to and from groups.
- Enable and Disable user accounts.
- Manage Computers and Contacts.
- Manage Groups and its membership.
- Generate quick reports to find Locked Accounts, Expired Accounts and Password Expiry.
- Industry standard Kerberos V5 support which is an integral part of Active Directory to keep all communication encrypted and secure.
- Supports Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2.
The app is free to download. Certain features require one time upgrade to unlimited version for a special introductory price.
Enterprise Customers may require branding, integration with their current App Management products, and custom features. We plan to avail them of these services too.