Navi Mumbai, India (PressExposure) August 04, 2011 -- The report also examines the global bone and joint infections therapies treatment usage patterns. In addition, the geographical distribution of bone and joint infections therapies across the US, the top five countries in the European region and Japan are also provided in the report. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the top three bone and joint infections market therapeutic indications, which are prosthetic joint infection, osteomyelitis and septic arthritis. Furthermore, it also includes the market forecasts and treatment usage patterns of these these therapeutic indications. Finally, the key trend analysis on Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As) and licensing agreements involving bone and joint infections therapies is also presented.
In-depth analysis of the report is based on propriety databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by the GBI Research team of experts.
GBI Research analysis showed that the global bone and joint infections market was estimated at $0.7 billion in 2009, with a year-on-year growth rate of 6.4% between 2001 and 2009. GBI Research forecasts that the market will grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.1% between 2009 and 2016 to record a sales value of $1.2 billion. The patent expiry of two of the branded drugs by 2016 is expected to make way for the entry of generics.
Many of the major pharmaceutical companies such as GlaxoSmithKline, Hoffman-La Roche, Ranbaxy, Bayer AG, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Hospira, Leo pharma A/S, App pharmaceuticals and Abbott are either entering or expanding into the market. They are collaborating with or acquiring small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) biotechnology companies. The main factor that is driving the big pharmaceutical companies towards the bone and joint infections therapeutics market is the increasing market for infectious diseases mainly indications related to infections caused due to staphylococcus species. As staphylococcus aureus is one of the major causative organisms for infectious diseases. Bone and joint infections is one of the most common infectious diseases.
- Data and analysis on the bone and joint infections market in the leading geographies of the world - the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Annualized market data for the bone and joint infections market from 2001 to 2009, with forecasts to 2016.
- Market data on the geographical landscape and therapeutic landscape, including market size, market share, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage patterns such as disease population, treatment seeking population, diagnosis population and prescription population.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market.
- The top companies benchmarking in the bone and joint infections therapeutics market The key companies studied in this report are GlaxoSmithKline, Hoffman-La Roche, Ranbaxy, Bayer AG, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Hospira, Leo pharma A/S, App pharmaceuticals and Abbott.
- Key M&A activities and Licensing Agreements that took place in 2008 and 2009 in the bone and joint infections market.
Reasons to buy
The report will assist business development and marketing executives to strategize their product launches, by allowing them to -
- Build effective strategies to launch their pipeline products by identifying potential geographies.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that might fill their portfolio gaps.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by studying the key strategies of top competitors.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the geographic markets poised for strong growth.
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first-in-class molecules which are safer and more efficacious.
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
Eli Lilly and Company
LEO Pharma A/S
APP Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
For more information kindly visit :
The 2011-2016 World Outlook for Animal and Marine Feed and Fertilizer Byproducts Excluding Meat and Bone Meal
The 2011-2016 World Outlook for Fresh and Frozen Boneless Beef Made in Slaughtering Plants
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/BharatBook