, (PressExposure) April 15, 2009 -- Consumers are used to buying cheap cereals and processed foods in order to save money. And in the midst of a recession, this unhealthy habit may seem more crucial than it was before. But the reality is these are the very foods that are causing obesity, inflammation, and sickness.
According to some nutrition experts, a recession can make you fat...but if you get the junk out of your kitchen and start buying healthy food, any extra money spent will even itself out; youâll become healthier, too.
These tips can help you shed pounds quickly, easily, and safely, and â as you will see â the process doesnât have to be a pain in the pocketbook.
7 Tips to Eating Healthily and Economically
1. Buy vegetables and fruits from your local farmerâs market. While they may not stock âcertified organicâ products because of the expense involved obtaining that label, they will have organically grown foods. Be sure to wash produce thoroughly with water and lemon juice.
2. Invest in a water filtration system for your home. In this way, you can drink as much pure water as possible without the expense of buying bottled water. Reverse osmosis water filtration systems eliminate the need for big, heavy plastic jugs, and itâs a much healthier option for about the same price. Try adding a lemon or lime wedge to your water, or a splash of juice with no sugar added, for flavor.
3. Buy inexpensive sources of good protein. Since you should eat protein and good fat and fiber at every meal, try healthy, inexpensive sources such as organic canned beans; organic eggs; boneless, skinless salmon; sardines or mackerel in olive oil from the can; and perhaps organic chicken once or twice a week.
4. Do not cook with vegetable oils. They turn to transfat when they reach high temperatures; transfat can clog the arteries and cause plaque buildup. Extra virgin olive oil is wonderful for a quick sautÃ© and on salads. Extra virgin coconut oil is the most stable at high temperatures and will not turn to transfat, which is why I recommend it for cooking and frying food. Extra virgin olive oil is also a âgood fatâ that will help you burn fat and keep your skin beautiful!
5. Cut down on the caffeine. When you drink coffee by itself for energy, itâs a false form of energy, a toxin, and it can raise your stress level by causing you to become excited and more anxious. To cope, your body releases a stress hormone called cortisol, which can cause you to gain weight and store belly fat. Opt for green tea instead, which has less caffeine and an abundance of antioxidants.
6. Make supper the smallest meal of the day. Supper is supposed to be the âsupplementalâ meal of the day. It should be eaten early in the evening to allow for digestion before going to bed. If you do, youâll wake up in the morning feeling small. Trust me â it works.
7. Enjoy your treats once or twice a week. If you love pasta, eating it once a week is not going to thwart your weight loss efforts. Eat whole grain pasta such as Barilla Plus. You can make a great pasta dish with some broccoli, olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, and basil. Itâs yummy and healthy! If you have a social event to attend, go for it â really enjoy yourself â and donât beat yourself up. Just get back to eating healthy at your next meal.
Thereâs more to good health including exercise, supplements, managing stress, getting adequate sleep, and making sure youâre emotionally healthy. But by incorporating these 7 tips, you can be sure that you will not gain weight during the recession. Instead, you can lose weight and improve your health tremendously.
Lisa Buldo 1-888-853-0333 New York City, NY info@LisaBuldo.com
Lisa Buldo is a holistic health counselor, biblical health and life coach, author, and speaker. She specializes in weight loss, type 2 diabetes, acne and digestive issues. Lisa also helps people who struggle with emotional issues such as fear, anger, and depression through the biblical principles of Godâs word. She has been featured on national television and radio, and is the author of the brand new book, IT CAN BE DONE! You Can Live in Victory 24/7, which is helping to transform the relationships, health, and finances of people everywhere. Lisa also has a deep passion for the things of God. Her mission is to help people to know that God loves them, to bring understanding in the areas of health and total wellness, and to empower everyone to live in victory! For more information, visit http://www.LisaBuldo.com.