Sydney, Australia (PressExposure) January 09, 2012 -- Delivering fun, highly-featured photography functions in a point-and-shoot package , Canon today revealed the new additions to its IXUS Digital Still Camera range at CES in Las Vegas (Booths N109 and 13304); set for launch in Australia from March, 2012. The new IXUS 500 HS and 125 HS deliver great looks and functionality in a super-slim body, with key features including; a 12x (500HS) and 5x (125HS) optical zoom to get you closer to the action, a high sensitivity sensor for great photography in both well and darkly lit spaces, Full HD video recording plus all new intelligent "Face ID" facial recognition functions to ensure you always capture the perfect shot of friends and family!
"Our most recent research shows that the demand for digital cameras is increasing as consumers create and share content online more than ever before," said James Lai, Brand Manager, DSC, Canon Australia. "The main driver for digital camera upgrades is a need for top quality cameras that produce top quality images, so with the new IXUS models we've met this need by combining superior optical technology with a number of impressive features and benefits. The new IXUS cameras deliver the most true-to-life, quality images you'd ever expect from a point and shoot camera device."
Across the two new models, key new and improved features include:
- Super slim compact design: Setting them amongst some of the world's slimmest, the IXUS 500 HS body measures in at just 19.2mm thick with an amazing 12x Optical Zoom (28mm wide) whilst the IXUS 125 HS measures 20.0mm thick, with a 5x Optical Zoom (24mm wide) placing them amongst the slimmest compact cameras on the market
- High Sensitivity Sensor: The new high sensitivity sensor makes both the IXUS 500 HS with 10.1 MP High Sensitivity CMOS Sensor and 125 HS with 16.1 MP High Sensitivity CMOS Sensor perfect for low light photography, great for indoors or romantic candle-lit settings. Automatically adjusting the brightness balance and selecting an appropriate IS, this feature makes sure those precious shots are never missed.
- DiG!C 5 Image Processor: - DiG!C 5 is revolutionary, contributing a range of enhancements to the IXUS 500 HS and 125 HS which include better noise reduction, automation capabilities, better white balance and faster continuous shooting, making it even easier to capture beautiful images or exciting action shots in true colour and clarity, just as they appear to the eye.
- Intelligent Auto Mode: New additions to the Intelligent Auto mode now make it even easier to get the perfect shot. The camera's Intelligent Auto and Face ID features make it even easier for your camera to take the best shot, recognising and focussing on the faces as the key focus of the image. Automation features also mean you can take fast movement pics with Intelligent IS which reduces blur from camera shake. Within this mode, shots of friends in action or baby's first smile are captured through three rapid, consecutive shots, where the camera selects the clearest and best option for you. Whether you're skiing down the Alps in Switzerland, taking pictures of the little ones in your family or laying on a beach in Thailand, the IXUS range will make sure your capture these moments at their best!
- Full HD video: Full 1080p video recording means not only still but moving images can be captured and kept to share with loved ones or put on YouTube or Facebook to share with friends!
The premium IXUS 500 HS model sits amongst the thinnest compact cameras in the world, making it easy to slip into a pocket or handbag as a super-portable compact camera. The IXUS 500 HS is available in bold red and silver colours.
Alternatively, the IXUS 125 HS offers a great streamlined alternative with a similarly slim body available in sophisticated black and silver colour variations to suit your personality or even your outfit. The IXUS 125 HS promises to always ensure you stand out from the crowd, whether you are in the frame or not.
The IXUS 500 HS and 125 HS digital still cameras [http://www.canon.com.au/For-You/Digital-Cameras] will be available March, 2012 (RRP TBC). For further details, keep your eye on the Canon website via: [http://www.canon.com.au]