Navi Mumbai, India (PressExposure) April 05, 2012 -- Over the past 12 months, the cord blood banking industry has expanded through double digit growth, due to new entrants in the cord blood banking industry, as well as revenue growth at existing operations. To guide industry competitors, this report considers the questions:
What factors are causing a substantial number of new cord blood banks to open up business?
What will be the effect of these new entrants to the cord blood banking industry for existing competitors?
How can existing competitors maintain a position of dominance in the industry among this trend?
Deeper analysis also reveals that existing cord blood banks follow a bi-modal distribution, either experiencing flat-line growth (less than 3% per annum) or substantively building revenue (25% or more per annum). Market Basket Analysis
While a similar bimodal distribution existed in the prior 12 month period (trailing 12 to 24 months), the peaks have continued to separate over the past 12 months, with the average flat-growth company staying stagnant and the average revenue growth company increasing its per annum growth rate from 17% per year to 25% per year. This trend indicates an increasing shift in dominance toward fast-growth companies, which begs the questions:
* What are the differences among the cord blood banks that are experiencing flat-line growth, versus those that have substantively building revenue?
* Why are the fast-growth companies continuing to increase their dominance relative to the flat growth companies?
Over the past 12 months, there has also been particularly fast industry growth within specific regions of the world. This report considers the models and tactics used within those regions in order to identify strategies that businesses in other regions should consider leveraging as approaches for growth.
In BioInformant's initial version of this report, "Choices in Cord Blood Banking - Factors Influencing Parental Decision-Making," launched April 2009, a survey of 1,200 expectant parents was used to provide a roadmap for how cord blood banks can best communicate and market their services to potential clients. The top-selling report explored the specific reasons that parents elect to store cord blood and what factors influence their decision-making in choosing a specific bank.
In sum, this expanded and updated version includes:
* Supplemental analysis of factors that have produced double-digit industry growth over the trailing 12 months
* Guidance on how to break through flat-line growth to become a fast-growing competitor within the cord blood industry
* Novel global tactics for growth that can be leveraged without respect to country
* Results from a detailed survey of expectant parents to provide insight into the perspectives and decisions of prospective clients
PART 1: TRAILING 12 MONTH ANALYSIS
I. Rate of Entrants to the Cord Blood Banking Industry
II. Revenue Distinctions among Existing Cord Blood Banks
A. Flat-Line Growth Companies (firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B