Astoria, New York (PressExposure) June 14, 2011 -- Digital Music NY presents a very special event with visiting members from the China Audio Video Association (CAVA) to discuss the changing music and copyright environment in China. The event will be held on June 22nd from 7-10PM at RED (19 Fulton Street) in NY's South Street Seaport.
MusicDish*China founder Eric de Fontenay will be joined by:
* Mr. Ju Wang, Administrative Vice President of CAVA, and
* Bill Zhang, Deputy Chairman of CAVA; Chairman of the China Music Industry Committee (CMIC); VP of Shanghai Synergy Culture & Entertainment Group (SSCEG) and President of a-Peer Synergy.
As Chairman CMIC, Bill Zhang recently joined IFPI, World Independent Network (WIN) and the International Confederation of Music Publishers (ICMP) in appealing to Baidu to put an end to its music piracy.
Topics covered will include:
* the founding of The Alliance of the Digital Music Industry (ADMI) in China;
* the evolving situation with search engine Baidu, including its recent agreement with the Music Copyright Society of China (MCSC);
* the role of Shanghai Synergy Culture & Entertainment Group in helping western labels and artists enter the chinese market
* overview of music industry trends in China, including recent sales figures There will also be an open Q&A session with audience members following the discussion.
WHEN: Wednesday, June 22nd
Networking begins at 7PM - Discussion begins at 7:30PM sharp
19 Fulton Street, NYC
About Digital Music NY
Digital Music NY is a series of business networking events designed to connect the music industry in NY. Our gatherings attract independent labels, artists, producers, marketers, bloggers, professional services and other industry executives. Our purpose is to not simply connect the industry, but to help facilitate new business opportunities for artists, labels, producers, marketers, technology companies, brands and other industry segments that are ready to capitalize on the next wave of digital music.