Warren, MI (PressExposure) September 23, 2009 -- A clogged dryer vent caught fire and caused damage to a single family home in southern Morgan County, West Virginia. Fire fighters from several area companies responded to put out the fire. No one was hurt; the home was damaged, but not beyond repair.
The Red Cross helped the family find shelter; unfortunately, a later fire, believed to be vandalism, completely destroyed the home. Dayn Benson, franchisor for Dryer Vent Wizard, a company specializing in all dryer exhaust issues, said, âMost dryer fires are caused by clogged dryer vents. Lint is highly flammable; when it accumulates in dryer ducts it becomes a fire hazard. I recommend everyone have their dryer vent system inspected for safety and that all clothes dryer vents be cleaned annually.â
Over 15,000 house fires resulting in deaths, injuries and millions of dollars in damages occur each year as a result of clogged dryer vent systems. Dryer Vent Wizard joins efforts with the NFPA to promote awareness with interesting blogs for consumers to read about dryer vent maintenance. Visit http://dryerventcleaners.blogspot.com/ to read more.
âThough the number of dryer fires has decreased over the last two decades I am still concerned with the number dryer fires being reported today. Dryer Vent Wizard has a goal to make one million clothes dryers safer and greener by the year 2010,â said Benson.
Dryer Vent Wizard, Dry Clothes Safe Homes is a member of the National Fire Protection Association and the largest chain of dryer vent cleaning, repair, replacement and alternation specialists in the U.S. with over 50 franchisees in major markets in the U.S. Visit their website at http://www.dryerventwizard.com
Contact: Dryer Vent Wizard D. Benson â Corporate Office 5523 East Nine Mile Road Warren, MI 48091 1-866-498-7233 firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group, LLC