Cebu City, Philippines (PressExposure) April 29, 2009 -- Looking for some quality cars for sale philippines? There are a lot of places in which anyone can buy their own car. Brand new cars can always be bought on authentic car dealers such as Toyota, Mitsubishi, Mercedes Benz, and other dealers found across the country. Used or second handed cars are commonly found throughout the internet, including online free ads philippines in which Filipinos put up their cars for sale. But before buying your own car, may it be brand new or used, there are several things that you should think about.
Costs and Benefits of Cars
The costs of automobile usage, which may include the cost of: acquiring the vehicle, repairs, maintenance, fuel, depreciation, parking fees, tire replacement, taxes and insurance, are weighed against the cost of the alternatives, and the value of the benefits - perceived and real - of vehicle usage. The benefits may include on-demand transportation, mobility, independence and convenience.
Benefits The benefits of using a car differ by many factors, in regard to location and culture. One general benefit is availability of use which, when coupled with public support via infrastructure, can allow highly flexible movement and transportation. Though beneficial, owning a car also means added cost for its maintenance.
Costs There are a number of reasons for the high cost of car transport:
* The typical private car spends most of its lifetime idle and for some vehicles, depreciation is a significant proportion of the total cost.
* Compared to bulk-carrying vehicles such as airplanes, buses, and trains, individual vehicles have the worse economies of scale.
* Capacity utilization is low. The average occupancy of an average automobile is below 1.5 passengers in most parts of the world. Measures such as High-occupancy vehicle lanes try to address this issue.
Here is the list of the common factors that affects the cost of running a car:
* Fuel (including fuel tax)
* Maintenance, regular
* Maintenance, for car longevity
* Tolls on Roads, Bridges and Tunnels
* Vehicle tax
* Vehicle inspection
* Car Washes
* Opportunity cost
* Part replacement, including:
o Tire replacement
o Brake Pad Replacement
o Battery Replacement
o Light Replacement
o Filters (Cabin Air and Motor Oil)
o Fluid Replacement (Wind shield washer, Motor Oil, Antifreeze, Power Steering)
Of the annual running costs of an automobile for the average person, 70â75% are fixed costs (with respect to distance travelled): a 10% increase or decrease in usage should result in a 2.5â3% increase or decrease in annual running costs. Some of the annual running costs of an automobile, which are important in the economics of ownership, concern the service life; a major factor for this deals with the uncertainty of the car lifespan. So before venturing on a shopping spree, looking for some cars for sale philippines, think of the usual factors and elements that could affect the cost