Jersey City, NJ (PressExposure) July 11, 2008 -- Comodo, a leading security company, recently announced that its Firewall Pro application continues to grow in popularity with consumers and Internet security industry experts which accounts for why tens of thousands of users every day are switching from other firewalls to Comodo Firewall Pro.
Comodo Firewall Pro is free software that outperforms virtually all other firewall solutions - paid or free because Comodo Firewall Pro (V3.0) operates from a sophisticated, preventative, multi layered threat management approach. This approach is considered leading edge by the security industry and is seen as being far superior to most other traditional "detection" approaches used by other security vendors. As a result, Comodo Firewall Pro has garnered many awards and distinctions such as:
* PC Magazine: Editor's Choice (2008)
* PC World: '101 Fantastic Freebies' (2008)
* Computerworld: '10 Essential (and free) Security Downloads for Windows' (2008)
* Download.com: 5-Star Review Rating (2008)
Unlike most other firewalls that operate from detection/ signature-based platform, Comodo uses a new model focused on system protection by restricting Internet or system application downloads to only those known to be trusted. This approach mitigates the need to "clean" viruses that detection-based firewalls would allow onto a computer. Comodo Firewall Pro is one of the most technologically advanced and compatible solutions available
Comodo Firewall Pro is a flexible application that is compatible with any 32 or 64-bit Windows-based operating system, and the only free application that is compatible with Vista. In addition, Comodo Firewall Pro is compatible with Windows XP. Comodo Firewall Pro provides the highest levels of security against inbound and outbound threats through its latest technologies:
* A-VSMARTâ¢ technology architecture that helps customers more effectively prevent virtually all types of threats from penetrating a computer and incorporates the latest security prevention technologies available.
* Defense+ is an advanced Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) that proactively monitors systems and system processes to detect and prevent system changes such as rootkit installations, inter-process memory injections, key-loggers and more.
* Patent Pending "Clean PC Mode" allows the firewall to create a profile of the computer with all existing applications registered as safe. The firewall then carefully controls "unsafe" or "unauthorized" applications from gaining system access. This prevents any unrecognized (and potentially dangerous) applications from being installed. It also prevents any suspicious system processes from running.
* Comodo Firewall Pro offers the highest levels of preventative monitoring of all inbound and outbound traffic which will prevent hackers and identity thieves from penetrating a computer.
* New user interface and configuration features provide further protection and include:
o Stealth mode to make a PC completely invisible to opportunistic port scans
o Wizard based auto-detection of trusted zones
o Password protection of firewall settings
o Diagnostics to analyze system for potential conflicts with other applications
"Comodo Firewall Pro continues to secure more and more people everyday worldwide," said Melih Abdulhayoglu, CEO and Chief Security Architect of Comodo. "Comodo Firewall Pro with its A-VSMART architecture provides a highly effective, efficient and lightweight system for worry-free desktop security to better protect users in today's highly fluid threat landscape."
To download the application for free, please visit: http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com. About Comodo
The Comodo companies provide the infrastructure that is essential in enabling e-merchants, other Internet-connected companies, software companies, and individual consumers to interact and conduct business via the Internet safely and securely. The Comodo companies offer PKI SSL, Code Signing, Content Verification and E-Mail Certificates; award winning PC security software; vulnerability scanning services for PCI Compliance; secure e-mail and fax services.
Continual innovation, a core competence in PKI, and a commitment to reversing the growth of Internet-crime distinguish the Comodo companies as vital players in the Internet's ongoing development. Comodo secures and authenticates online transactions and communications for over 200,000 business customers and 3,000,000 users of our desktop security products.
For additional information on Comodo - Creating Trust Onlineâ¢ visit http://www.comodo.com
For more information, reporters and analysts may contact: Judy Shapiro Comodo +1 (201) 963-9471 Email: email@example.com