Seattle, WA (PressExposure) April 10, 2008 -- Design Master Software released Design Master Electrical 7.0, an update to its integrated electrical design and drafting program, on December 3, 2007. Notable new features in this release include:
* The ability to model electrical systems in 3D. The 3D model can be exported to all leading architectural building information modeling programs, including NavisWorks, AutoCAD Architecture, Revit Architecture, ArchiCAD, and Bentley Architecture.
* Improved photometric calculations. Egress path lighting levels can be calculated to demonstrate compliance with new lighting codes. Outdoor calculations can include reflections to provide more precise lighting levels.
* An expanded voltage list, including less than 50V, United States medium voltages, and international low voltages.
There are also numerous improvements to existing features based upon feedback from customers, including:
* Equipment schedules.
* An expanded layer list.
* Improved branch circuit wire sizing calculations.
* Multiple floors on a single drawing.
A free 30-day trial of Design Master Electrical 7.0 is available at http://www.designmaster.biz.