Shenzhen, China (PressExposure) December 27, 2011 -- What is DVD and why people want to use DVD as a storage?
A DVD is an optical disc storage media format, invented and developed by Philips, Sony, Toshiba, and Panasonic in 1995. DVDs offer higher storage capacity than Compact Discs while having the same dimensions.
Most people are aware that you can purchase Hollywood movies on DVD. But the real breakthrough of DVD for millions of people is the ability to store video footage, films, photos and slides accumulated over decades onto this durable media.
What the advantages of DVD?
1. The best thing about DVD is the quality of the video.
2. A normal VHS tape only offers 240 vertical lines of resolutions, whereas a DVD allows a full 480 lines of vertical resolution and an amazing 540 lines of horizontal resolution.
3. DVD's can be copied without loss of signal (unlike analog video tape).
4. Your picture is much sharper and more detailed.
5. Please NOTE: the quality of DVD video is a function of the quality of the original source material, meaning a DVD copy of a VHS tape cannot improve a poorly recorded or degraded original VHS video tape. The advantage of DVD is that the image quality does not degrade with time or repeated playback.
Transferring your videos and films to DVD is a good "insurance policy" for your treasured memories, ensuring they are digitally archived for viewing and enjoyment of future generations.
So how to transfer your videos to DVD?
Doremisoft DVD Maker for Mac (http://www.doremisoft.net/dvd-maker-mac/) is is a Mac DVD Creator that help to burn videos to DVD Disk. It supports importing dv, wmv,3gp, mov, vob, mpg, asf, flv, avi, rm, rmvb, mp4, mkv, mka, m4v, ac3, tod, mod movie formats to output DVD for DVD 5 and DVD 9 Disk.
Besides, Mac DVD maker also can give a way to edit your video before you burn it, In trim option, you can clip the video duration; in Customizable Menu Templates option, it allows you to set up personalized background image, background music, Menu Title, Button Style and Frame. After do these wonderful setting you are able to preview the effect.
It supports burn to DVD-5 and DVD-9 Disk and back up PAL and NTSC TV Standards, so as soon as you finishing burning you can play it in related DVD players and Media Devices.
With this, you can burn YouTube Video to DVD on Mac, burn iTunes movies to DVD (http://www.doremisoft.net/guides/burn-itunes-movies-to-dvd-mac.html), burn AVI files to DVD (http://www.doremisoft.net/guides/burn-avi-to-dvd-mac.html), burn iPhoto Slideshow to DVD, burn MKV to DVD on Mac, burn MOD movies to DVD, burn JVC MOD movies to DVD, Burn Sony HDR CX files to DVD, burn Sony DCR Video to DVD and so on.