Warren, Michigan (PressExposure) September 23, 2009 -- Residents spotted flames around 7:30pm; two families of 3 and one person who lived in an apartment behind the home escaped safely. Unfortunately, 4 cats perished in the fire.
One man who lived in the home said he was folding clothes when his son spotted fire in the laundry area. They tried to put out the fire but it was too intense. Neighbors were worried about the flames spreading to their homes. One neighbor said, âSmoke was so thick you couldnât see two feet in front of you.â
Residents lost everything in the fire. The American Red Cross is helping two families while the woman who stayed in the apartment is living with a relative.
Dayn Benson of Dryer Vent Wizard receives the devastating news of clothes dryer fires all over the nation. Dayn works in the corporate offices of Dryer Vent Wizard, a dryer vent cleaning, repair and installation company with over 50 franchise locations in the US.
Dryer Vent Wizard provides dryer vent cleaning and repair services while they educate their customers on dryer vent maintenance and fire prevention. It is their policy that all technicians spend the necessary time with their customer to explain how dryer lint fires happen and how to prevent them. DVW franchisees are encouraged to write articles and create interesting blogs to promote consumer awareness. Visit http://dryerductcleaning.blogspot.com/ for information on dryer vent maintenance.
Dryer Vent Wizard (DVW), Dry Clothes, Safe Homes is a national franchise company specializing in dryer fire prevention and dryer vent repair, replacement and alterations. They were founded in 2004, by David Lavalle in Boston, Massachusetts. DVW, headquartered in Warren, Michigan has grown to over 50 franchise locations in the U.S. Learn more at http://www.dryerventwizard.com
Contact: Dryer Vent Wizard D. Benson â Corporate Office