La Jolla, CA (PressExposure) April 30, 2011 -- EtomicEye Technologies the leader in employee monitoring software is pleased to announce Laptop Cop. LapTop Cop is the best laptop protection software in the industry. It protects organizations from financial and operational impacts of laptop theft by making the contents on a lost or stolen laptop accessible to the laptop owner, but not to the thief. EtomicEye allows you to identify, track, and control who accesses data on a stolen laptop, what data is accessed, and what can and cannot be done with that data.
The contents on the missing laptop can now be visualized and managed remotely in real time, on that web browser, without alerting the thief.
EtomicEye also provides real-time geo-location based on wi-fi hotspot tracking, which gives a higher degree of accuracy than GPS in most urban and suburban locations.
Recent research shows the majority of lost or stolen laptops contain confidential company communications and information.
1. One-step installation on new or existing laptops.
2. Single-agent that is undetectable, with zero disruption of legitimate laptop use.
3. Activated in the event of loss or theft from any secure internet connection
4. Visualizes entire contents of the laptop hard drive
5. Retrieves all or selected files, and stores them on secure backup
6. Deletes all or selected files
7. Deletion confirmation
8. Deletion meets U.S. government's 5220.22-M standard
9. Monitor and control all activity on a stolen or lost laptop
10. Geo-locates laptop, in real-time, using same patented system as iPhone
Recent research shows the majority of lost or stolen laptops contain confidential company communications and information. Recent research has shown that laptop theft is now judged by CTOs to be the highest risk area for the loss of valuable company data. There are many partial solutions, including encryption and mapping data on laptops. None can restore lost data to its rightful owner. EtomicEye can.
EtomicEye defends your business from all insider threats. Deployed at the endpoint, clients can access 4 technologies including Data Loss Protection, Web Filtering, Employee Monitoring and Laptop Recovery, through one agent download and one User Interface.