Cebu City, Philippines (PressExposure) May 27, 2009 -- Nowadays, gas prices can increase faster than you can say âgasolineâ. For most people, this means a significant increase in their monthly gasoline expense too. Not to mention that all other transportation costs like fares likewise increase as a response to rising gasoline prices.
Some people have resorted to looking for cars for sale Philippines companies in the hopes of selling their gas guzzlers and then buying a car thatâs better in terms of fuel efficiency. There are also other small ways of saving on gas that could be significant in the long run. Whether you have your own car, a commuter, or an expert from a cars for sale Philippines company, the following gas-saving tips will be helpful in cutting down your gasoline consumption.
* Short Warm-Up. Some people like to warm-up their cars longer than a few minutes especially in the morning. Longer warm-ups mean more gasoline used up. Avoid prolonging your carâs warm-up time.
* Slow Drive. As speed increases, fuel economy decreases exponentially. According professionals from cars for sale Philippines companies, reducing your usual driving speed, especially if your one of those who likes to floor the pedal, can great reduce your gasoline consumption as well.
* No Air Conditioner. If the weather is cool enough, try not to use the air conditioner. This would help improve your carâs fuel economy.
* Tire Pressure. Under-inflated tires can cause your fuel consumption to increase in terms of miles per gallon. Under-inflated tires have more rolling resistance which means more gas is needed to keep the car moving.
* Shifting. With manual transmission, shifting up early and shifting down late can help save you gas. With automatic transmission, use your overdrive gears to keep RPM low and save on fuel.
* Air Filter. Regularly check and change your air filter because dirty air filters restrict the flow of air into the engine. This would harm performance and economy.
* Reduce Weight. Remove some unnecessary items from your car. Reducing the weight can help move your car easier.
* Gas up when itâs cool. Buy gasoline during the coolest time of the day. Gasoline is densest at lower temperatures. The best time would be early morning or late evening.