Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (PressExposure) May 29, 2008 -- You can discover boating and everything related to it at boat shows. An annual activity, the Pittsburgh boat show showcases the best of the best that the boating industry can offer.
The next show scheduled to be held on January 25 to 27 and February 1 to 3 next year. The show hours are 5pm to 10pm on Friday, 10am to 10pm on Saturdays, the Sunday show will start at 10am to 6pm.
Exhibits will cover everything within the convention center. It costs 370 million dollars to make, with a 1.5 million sq. ft of space. The Center is touted to be one of the worlds greenest buildings. They are certified to be environmentally friendly. It features recycling of its water supply and show out extensive natural lights with the curtains bringing more natural light.
The ticket prices will cost you $9, children 6 to 12 can get in for $4 and kids below 6 years old can tag along with you for free. It will be held on David Lawrence Convention Center. With a big venue, you can see all vessels ranging from small boats to super yachts. Here are some of the notable highlights of the show this year.
PENNSYLVANIA BIKINI TEAM
* On Friday and Saturday shows, the bikini team will be onstage for a fashion show. They will start from 7pm to 9pm. They will be doing a fashion show, 50/50 raffle, bikini contest and autograph signings.
ANTIQUE BOAT DISPLAY
* The boat display will feature classical boats that were from the '50s and onwards. With the previous years of the boat show, they have continually exhibit classical boats. On 2001, there were even 1942 boats and restored to its full glory. There are also antique boat engine collections on the show, check them out to get an idea on how classic boats move.
* A part of the show that gives answers for any of your boating questions, all of the staff are professional boaters and will educate you on the best passion of boating. Discover boating booths are almost always available on every boat shows in the US. This gives people to be motivated in boating. With additional activities such as Water sports and fishing, anybody can enjoy the boating lifestyle.
BOATING CERTIFICATION CLASS
* You can get educated with all the boating safety requirements. They are sponsored by the PA Fish and Boat Commission. The event will be free of charge. All persons born after 1982 can participate; the passers will get free admission tickets when they come back on the next week.
* Various seminars that covers most of the aspects of boating, from Navigation, Vessel Safety Checks, Homeland Security, GPS usage and many more.
There will be numerous dealers that will exhibit from the show, most of them have top-notch quality vessels that you can easily board and even purchase on site. The highlights of the show are the educational activities. All persons of legal age can take classes in boating safety. It usually takes 8 hours on these lessons, covering everything that you need to know in boating and safety. The lessons cover all operators of motor boats of over 25 horse power and personal water crafts.
You can stay at the Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside hotel. With a 2-star rating, it is just minutes from downtown; you can stay for $179. With complete amenities, you can surely get a great stay and get relaxed after the show. There are plenty more of hotels in the nearby areas, you can often get great accommodations for lower prices.
The parking will have special fee for the event, making way for all show goers. The night rate is just $4, weekends costs $4 and events rates $6-10. There are 17 and more parking areas that are scattered throughout the vicinity of the show area. You can get to the Convention center easily. You can have extensive directions online.
Surely the show had been a blast this year, the next will be different. It will have more Dealers, more seminars, and more activities jam-packed in just one show. With the Pittsburgh Boat Show, you will surely have the best boating show of your life.