East Arlington, TX (PressExposure) September 15, 2009 -- Don't you know how to get started with your custom business card? Are you lost and clueless about business card design? Well, you do not have to be clueless no more.
There are five steps to start the designing and producing your marketing material - online business card printing. Doing it this way is quite fast and not particularly complicated. In this small guide, I will show you how simple it is for you or anyone who lacks any expertise to do it.
1. Thinking of your custom feature - The first major step you should do is to think of its features. What should differentiate you from the rest? Is it an unusual color? Embossing? Different kinds of inks? A memorable image? A hole in the card? Deciding on things like this should help guide you in designing.
The feature you decide upon will be your centerpiece. It would make you different from the rest, making advertising tool all the more memorable for your potential business contacts. So think hard and creatively about your custom feature. This will determine a lot about your business card printing.
2. Deciding on your layout - When you have that key feature in mind, you should then be able to decide on your layout. The layouts are quite simple, and many templates out there should be easy enough to acquire and adapt for your purposes. You should of course match the layout with your idea for your custom feature. It must fit or be easily done with the layout you choose. So search as much as you can, or do the layout yourself.
3. Making your digital draft - Once you have that layout ready, you should probably be able now to do your digital draft. Using an image editing application such as InDesign or Photoshop you can merge your layout template with the content of your business card. You should of course enter your full name, job title, contact numbers and other crucial content within the design. Make sure that everything is in place and every spelling is correct once the typing is done.
4. Adding your special features - With the base draft ready, you should then add in the special feature that you decided on earlier. Add in the color or images you want and specify the inks and other design feature that should be inserted into the cards. Make your special feature the central figure so that it becomes more memorable for business contacts. Afterwards, your main draft should be done.
5. Printing them online - Once you have a good design ready, it should be easy enough to print them online. You just need to go to your chosen printing website, send them your design, specify the options for printing and then pay for the production. Within days, you should get your colored business card delivered to you at no trouble.
If you look clearly, all five steps should be very easy to follow. As you can see, it is pretty much straightforward and it does not really require you to be a professional anything. You can easily get started with business card printing online even if you are not a true veteran of it.