Glendale, CO (PressExposure) December 28, 2009 -- Role
To plan, control and implement the activities set down by the committee, by being aware of your responsibilities, obligations, who you are accountable to and your entitlements with due regard to Club policies and procedure.
1. Director of Rugby
1. Director of Rugby - has sole charge of coach and team. 2. The Players - Coach has full control of players at training, game venues and selection decisions. 3. Supporters, parents and sponsors. 4. Media/promotional requirements
1. To develop a successful rugby team. 2. By using coaching skills, develop and enhance those players under your control. 3. To develop your own coaching skills by meeting all USA Rugby and West Rugby Union criteria for the women's rugby. 4. To instil pride in the Club by high team performance.
Key Result Areas
1. Team results 2. Individual player improvement 3. Accountability
1. Meet with Director of Rugby to understand your role. 2. Discuss with the Director of Rugby the team selection process. 3. Be aware of all games where your potential players are involved i.e. clubs and ERRFU, WRFU rep matches, invitation matches, tournaments etc. 4. Be aware of all rule changes, training techniques. Arrange to attend coaching seminars etc. arranged by USA Rugby and WRFU and ERRFU. 5. With Director of Rugby, arrange for all pre competition activities, trial dates, trainings etc. and what assistance is needed - i.e. Physios, specialised training. 6. Communicate at all times with Director of Rugby on requirements from Club. 7. Along with the Director of Rugby, set team standard with respect to dress, behaviour, expectations, sponsor obligations.
1. Plan each training session in advance and liaise with the Director of Rugby your requirements. 2. Ensure specialised help is available wherever you require it, i.e. front row coaching. 3. On match day organise proper warm up/down programs. 4. Ensure all players meet all requirements for your competition. 5. Make sure all injuries are properly treated. 6. With the Director of Rugby make sure all judicial matters and responsibilities of the player concerned are organised. 7. Liaise with USA Rugby and WRFU selectors for inclusion of top players in their selection.
End of Season
1. Prepare a full team report 2. Include comments on individual players. 3. Identify elite or promising players and identify their needs. 4. Make sure all players eligible for various USA Rugby and WRFU development squads have been nominated. 5. Decide on your availability for future coaching roles and team preference for next season.