New York, NY (PressExposure) December 05, 2011 -- The historic Grand Central Oyster Bar and its Executive Chef Sandy Ingber will once again serve a special a la carte menu to celebrate the traditional "Feast of the Seven Fishes," which will be available all day during lunch and dinner on Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24. The "Feast of the Seven Fishes" is a century-old, world-wide custom on Christmas Eve, and the Oyster Bar will be presenting seven menu specials throughout the day and evening. General Manager Jonathan Young has added suggested Italian wine pairings for each course (which are italicized and available by the glass).
Here is the 2011 "Feast of the Seven Fishes" presented by the Grand Central Oyster Bar, located "below sea level" at New York City's Grand Central Terminal. For reservations call 212.490.6650.
- Pasta e Fagiole with Seared Day Boat Sea Scallops; $7.25; Terazzo Prosecco (Extra Dry) NV - Veneto, Italy.
- Insalata di Natale (Italian Seafood Salad with Pulpo, Scungelli, Mussels and Calamari; $24.95; Tonnino Grillo 2010 - Sicily, Italy.
- Linguini with Florida Rock Shrimp, Hazelnuts, Anchovy and Agilio e Olio; $25.95; D'orta-De Conciliis Falaghina 2009 - Salerno, Italy.
- Fried New Bedford Lemon Sole Filet Parmesan over Capellini, $28.95; Antinori Castello Della Sala "Barmito del Cervo" Chardonnay 2009 - Umbria, Italy.
- Grilled Marinated Sardines with fresh oregano sauce over escarole and cannelloni beans, $21.95; Rocca delle Macie Orvietto Classico 2009 - Tuscany, Italy.
- Pan Fried Chatham Scrod filet-Amalfi Style over Rice Pilaf, $26.95; Maculan Pino in& Toi 2008 (Tocai/Pinot Bianco/Pinot Grigio),Italy.
- Dessert: Sea Urchin (Rizzi) Gelato, $6.75, or Espresso Creme Brule, $7.50; Moscadoro Sparkling Moscato 2009 - Piemonte, Italy.
"The Feast of the Seven Fishes is one of my personal favorites," says Ingber, "because of the variety of 'frutte de mare' you can prepare for the celebration, and the fact that you are sharing bountiful food for family and friends during the holiday season."
Log on to http://www.oysterbarny.com to check out the daily menu. Celebrating its 98th year in 2011, the Oyster Bar is open for lunch beginning at 11:30 AM through the last evening reservation at 9:30 PM. For reservations call 212.490.6650.