New York, NY (PressExposure) May 27, 2009 -- Grocery shopping is something that every family does on a regular basis. There are some people who only do it once a month but itâs a big time grocery shopping. There are others go to a Philippine grocery [http://www.myayala.com/shop/categs.asp?k=Grocery-philippines&categ_id=667] at least once a week, taking only a little at a time. Whether you have a big family or a small family, this chore is something you cannot get out of. Things are a bit easier nowadays with the advent of an online Philippine grocery [http://www.myayala.com/shop/categs.asp?k=Grocery-philippines&categ_id=667]. It cuts down the time spent on grocery shopping but itâs still a big chunk off your monthly budget.
Since groceries take up one of the biggest expense of many families, it pays to practice several small habits that would save money especially in the long run. Before visiting any Philippine grocery [http://www.myayala.com/shop/categs.asp?k=Grocery-philippines&categ_id=667], check out some money-saving tips listed below.
* Plan. Donât go to the grocery without thinking about what exactly you need to buy. You end up buying a lot of things you donât really need whenever you do your groceries without a plan or a list.
* Bulk Shopping. Bigger packages actually cost less than smaller ones if you compare it on per gram or per liter basis.
* Sale. Take advantage of sale items.
* Grocery Store. Decide on which grocery store you plan to regularly shop for groceries. Check out the items of those nearest your house and also their prices. Shop at the store that has the lowest price items and most of the items that you regularly need. Most grocery stores have a loyalty or rewards program. Take advantage of it because they usually have many perks for loyal shoppers.
* Eat First. Everything looks delicious when youâre hungry. To limit buying on impulse, do your grocery shopping on a full stomach.
* Fewer Companions. Although grocery shopping is also fun to do as a family, youâd often end up buying more if your children tag along. Everyone will find something theyâd like to put in the cart. Most of the time, these items are not in your planned grocery list. If you do bring them along, just make sure you have enough willpower to say no to many of their whims.