Rosemont, IL (PressExposure) August 13, 2014 -- In its largest and most diverse programming schedule to date, Wizard World Chicago Comic Con will feature more than 150 hours of Q&A's, movie and TV screenings, special events, creator sessions, meet and greets, parties, fan-driven panels and more over four full days at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Thursday through Sunday, August 21-24. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission.
Sure to be among the most popular panels are the Bruce Campbell Horror Film Festival (13 film screenings and several themed panels) and exclusive screening of the highly anticipated new Fox drama series "Gotham" (Sat., 1 p.m.). Q&A's featuring Marvel's Guardian of the Galaxy standouts Dave Bautista (Drax the Destroyer), Karen Gillan (Nebula) and Michael Rooker (Yondu) (Saturday, 5:15 p.m.), "Doctor Who" stars Matt Smith and Gillan (Sunday, 10 a.m, requires additional ticket), David Boreanaz ("Bones," "Angel") (Saturday, 2 p.m.), John Barrowman ("Torchwood," "Arrow") (Saturday, 4 p.m.), James Marsters ("Buffy The Vampire Slayer," "Caprica") (Friday, 1:30 p.m.), Karl Urban ("Buffy," "Angel") (Saturday, 11 a.m.), Stan Lee (Sunday, 11 a.m.), a Skype session with Leonard Nimoy ("Star Trek") (Sunday, 2:30 p.m.) and other celebrities are also big fan favorites. "Bruce Campbell vs. the Audience" (Sat., 6:30 p.m.) as well as Wizard World Presents: Bruce Campbell's Fanatic's Face-Off, a frenetic game show (Friday, 7 p.m.) are among the offerings hosted by the inimitable star.
Some of the other Wizard World Chicago Comic Con programming highlights include the following:
· "Star Trek: The Next Generation" Reunion Event, hosted by William Shatner and featuring series stars Sir Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Levar Burton, Michael Dorn, Marina Sirtis, Brent Spiner and Gates McFadden ("Dr. Beverly Crusher") (Rosemont Theatre, 5400 N River Rd., Sunday, 5 p.m. requires additional ticket)
· "Arrow" stars Katie Cassidy and Michael Jai White in a discussion of all things Starling City (Sat., 5 p.m.); and "How to Survive a Killer TV Show" with Sarah Wayne Callies and Scott Wilson (Sun., noon)
· FILM:CON Presents Special Guest Kevin Conroy, the animated voice of Batman in dozens of films and shows, includes screening of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and discussion (Saturday, 6 p.m.)
· Individual Q&A's with Josh Peck (Fri., 3 p.m.), J. August Richards (Fri., 4:30 p.m.), Erica Durance (Sat., noon), Jason David Frank (Sat., 3:30 p.m.), Nicole Behaire ("Sat., 4 p.m.), Peter Criss (Fri., 5 pm.), "Elvira" Cassandra Peterson (Sun., 1 p.m) and others.
· Informative discussions with noted comics creators Marv Wolfman, Tom Richmond, Jason Yungbluth, Danny Fingeroth, Dan Mishkin, Alan J. Porter, Gillian Porter, Michael Golden, Jenn Blake, Leinil Yu, Kevin West and more
· Screening of The Crow (Saturday, 7 p.m., preceded by 6:30 p.m. "Creating the Crow with James O'Barr") as well as exclusive viewing of the pilot of "Scorpion" (Sat., 3 p.m.)
· Evening Events including "Wizard World Game Night" (Thurs., 8:30 p.m., Five Roses Pub, 5509 Park Place) (21+ only); "Creator Pro Am: Drink & Draw, (Fri., 8:30 p.m., Five Roses Pub) (21+ only); Wizard World After Party (Sat., 8:30 p.m., Hyatt Regency O'Hare, 9300 Bryn Mawr) (21+ only)
· "Con Radio Live" with host Mo Lightning and Aaron Sagers, with special guest Joel Hodgson of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (Saturday, 4:30 p.m.)
· Costume contests for adults (Saturday, 7:15 p.m.) and kids (Sunday, 2:30 p.m.), plus cosplay-themed sessions with featured cosplayer Eric "The Smoke" Moran and others
· Wizard World Comic Con Film Festival, featuring selected shorts and music videos (Thurs., 3-8 p.m., Fri. noon-5 p.m., Sat., 10-11:30 a.m., Sun., 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
· Sci-Fi Speed Dating (Thurs., 5 p.m.; Fri., 2 p.m., 5 p.m.; Sat., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m..; Sun., 11 a.m., 2 p.m.), 90-minute sessions
· Meet-and-greets with Jason David Frank (Fri., 11:30 a.m.; Sat., 9:30 a.m.; Sun., 10:30 a.m.) (paid events) and Joel Hodgson (Sat., 3 p.m.)
· Kids Day (Sunday), with an array of kids and family activities designed just for the younger set, highlighted by the Half-Hour Of Power With The Green Power Ranger (1:45 p.m.)
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted. (*Note: Frank and Hodgson Meet & Greets, "Doctor Who" panel with Smith and Gillan, "Star Trek: TNG" Reunion require separate respective tickets.)
A full list of Wizard World Chicago Comic Con programming is available at [http://www.wizardworld.com/programming-ch.html] (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World Chicago is the 10th of 16 events scheduled in the 2014 series produced by Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD) and will also feature a top-drawer collection of well-known comics artists and writers and a variety of activities, exhibitors and special attractions. For more on the event, visit http://www.wizd.me/ChicagoPR.