London, United Kingdom (PressExposure) June 02, 2014 -- HDPE stands for high- density polyethylene which is derived from petroleum. HDPE pipes and fitting are not just long lasting and tough but they are also strong which makes them perfect for many application. These pipes are easy to install and they are resistant to chemical and corrosion. The smooth inside wall of HDPE pipes facilitates the material to flow easily. They are available in any length you want which also makes installation very easy.
High density polyethylene pipes are not just used for water transfer from house to house but can also be used during irrigation. Today the sectors where HDPE pipes and fittings are widely used are construction and mining. Whenever you plan to buy pipes make sure that you inspect the area where it needs to be installed. If you know the length then you can buy pipe accordingly from the store. By inspecting the area you will also know what are the other fittings needed for installation. For example if the area has bent then surely you will need a joint to connect. The joint size depends on the size of the pipe, thus always buy the pipe before investing in joints. If the joint you buy is bigger than the pipe then there can be chances of leakage.
If you have some extra pipe then you must store it properly so that it can be used later when needed. Here are some tips to help you prevent pipe from damage during storage.
1. Always roll the pipe and keep in bundles.
2. Make sure that there is no sharp edge in the site area where the pipe is kept. Any kind of sharp edge can puncture the pipe which can be a reason for leakage.
3. You can stack pipe bundles but make sure that the bundle kept on top is not heavy because it can compress and cause deformation. If you have enough space then you may avoid stacking. You can keep them separately so that the pipe's shape is kept intact.
4. Do not keep the pipe in area where it is exposed to UV radiation or any other kind of contamination like oil and grease. Accumulation of grease in the pipe exterior and interior can reduce its efficiency and life.
5. Direct sunlight on stored pipes for long hours can also damage it. So, if you are not sure about when you need the stored pipe then cover it so that it is not exposed to direct sunlight.