Detroit, MI (PressExposure) May 20, 2011 -- Elliot Environmental will come out and inspect homes, offices, schools, churches, basements and conclude with a free estimate for their services. Their professionally trained agents will arrive at the customer's convenience and clean up Mother Nature's dirty little secret: MOLD.
For Elliot Environmental, mold removal is not a sideline, mold removal is all they do. They specialize and are trained and insured specifically for Mold inspection and remediation. All projects are conducted in accordance with accepted IICRC, EPA, AIHA, ASHRAE, MIOSHA and OSHA guidelines and recommendations regarding indoor environmental air quality.
Tips and Techniques
The tips and techniques presented in this section will help clean up your every mold problem. Please note that mold may cause staining and cosmetic damage. It may not be possible to clean an item so that its original appearance is restored.
* Fix plumbing leaks and other water problems as soon as possible. Dry all items completely.
* Scrub mold off hard surfaces with detergent and water, and dry completely.
* Absorbent or porous materials, such as ceiling tiles and carpet, may have to be thrown away if they become moldy. Mold can grow on or fill in the empty spaces and crevices of porous materials, so the mold may be difficult or impossible to remove completely.
* Avoid exposure to mold (see discussions: What to Wear When Cleaning Moldy Areas and Hidden Mold at Elliot Environmental's website: http://www.eemold.com/).
* Do not paint or caulk moldy surfaces. Clean up the mold and dry the surfaces before painting. Paint applied over moldy surfaces is likely to peel.
* Places that are often or always damp can be hard to maintain completely free of mold. If there's some mold in the shower or elsewhere in the bathroom that seems to reappear, increasing ventilation (running a fan or opening a window) and cleaning more frequently will usually prevent mold from recurring, or at least keep the mold to a minimum.
* If unsure about how to clean an item, or if the item is expensive or of sentimental value, consult a specialist. Michigan's top mold removal specialists in furniture repair, restoration, painting, art restoration and conservation, carpet and rug cleaning, water damage, and fire or water restoration are experienced and professional. Be sure to ask for and check references. Look for mold removal specialists who are affiliated with professional organizations.
Contact Elliot Environmental for a free estimate by visiting their website: http://eemold.com/monitoring.html
Or use their toll-free direct line number: 888-599-MOLD (6653)
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group, LLC.