Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (PressExposure) April 07, 2011 -- Helium Scraper is a light weight, fully programmable desktop application that can be automated to take any kind of information from any web page and extract it in a structured manner to a database or a spreadsheet file.
Most of the information on the internet is presented in a way that makes it ease for an average user to navigate and look around. But not for a business or organization to store, analyze and process it. Helium Scraper solves this problem in a straightforward way.
The user, first, defines the data to be extracted by selecting some sample elements in a web page. Then he creates a set of actions that Helium Scraper will perform in the web page, such as navigating, clicking, and of course, extracting data.
This are the key features that have been added to the second version:
- Shortcut keys have been added for several menu items.
- Extensions can be automatically added or changed to downloaded files.
- Proxies can be imported in bunches from a text file.
- A log view have been added.
- Execution now can be paused.
- Extraction problems such as when requirements are not met can now be fixed without having to restart the extraction process.
- Now you can import a project into an existing one to easily share and reuse them.
- A "Export Database" action have been added to automatically export your data to a database file.
- A "Execute Caller's Children" action have been added. When the current Actions Tree is being invoked from a Execute Actions Tree action that contains child nodes, this action executes these nodes.
- Actions trees can now receive parameters from an HTML custom made dialog box when invoked from a "Execute Actions Tree" action. Thus, action trees can now behave as fully customized built-in actions.
Helium Scraper 2 is available at http://www.heliumscraper.com as a fully functional 10 day trial, and can be purchased for $49.95.