Dallas , Texas (PressExposure) April 17, 2013 -- Competition for customers is fierce among America's 27 million small businesses (sba.gov). As a result, they are finding social media tools like Twitter increasingly important to bring new business in the door. But the right tools are important for companies to find social success. Social media company HipLogiq announces that more than 1,000 small business customers are registered users of its SocialCentiv program that is designed to more effectively listen, engage and respond to their customers on Twitter. The software launched at SXSW just one month ago.
"Small businesses are obviously taking a page out of the big brand marketing playbook," says Bernard Perrine, co-founder and CEO of HipLogiq, the parent company of SocialCentiv and its sister software SocialCompass, an enterprise-level social solution. "The number of customers who immediately signed up for our service shows a growing trend that smaller businesses are embracing social media channels as an important part of their marketing mix and looking for effective ways to do it."
To help celebrate its milestone and encourage businesses to engage on Twitter, HipLogiq is extending its current offer to give new SocialCentivcustomers 100 free SocialCents to get started. These credits equal10 conversations and will help reach 10 potential customers. When a small business customer signs up for SocialCentiv, they'll see the credits in the upper right-hand corner of the SocialCentiv home page every time they log into their account.
"At any one moment, millions of conversations are taking place across thelandscape of social media," Perrine notes. "It's daunting for a small business owner to think aboutfinding customers that way--where do they start?"Perrine offers five simple things that business owners can do to enhance their social media marketing efforts on their own:
1. Relevancy: Assemble a list of keyword phrases to help aid customers in their searches for your business. For example "craving coffee."
2. Location:Search multiple geographic locations near your business to make sure you are capturing every new customer opportunity.
3. Immediate response: When you find someone, respond immediately with a unique reply orrisk losing him or her to your competitors.
4. Incentives: Anoffer will help reel customers in. The top performing offer on both HipLogiq applications is a 20 percent discount. (Hint: Make sure you're tracking results so you know what incentives work. For example, HipLogiq'ssoftware tracks how many offers were downloaded - making it easy for the client to track results.)
5. Recovery: Keep an eye on customer feedback sites (e.g. Yahoo or Yelp). Whena negative comment posts, apologize directly on the site, promise tofix the issue and send an offer where appropriate so they'll be tempted for another chance to buy your product or service.
But how do you find individual customers who are looking for specific products and services?
"As social media experts, we believe that Twitter is a great breeding ground for authentic, targeted marketing," Perrine states."Businesses should have a tool that helps them sift through all the conversations to find the right prospects. When you engage one-to-one, the payoff is huge."
SocialCentiv helps small businesses make the match between relevant conversations and good prospects based on relevant key words,location and time of day. Once the patented software flags the tweet, the business owner sends them a personal offer developed just for that customer.Soon after, the customer receives another offer to use and share with friends, who share with friends, and so on. The effect is viral.
For more information, contact Karen Carrera, email@example.com, 972.207.1935.