Santa Clara, CA (PressExposure) July 28, 2011 -- Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (NYSE: HIT / TYSE: 6501), today announced enhancements to its replication and data protection software suite, Hitachi Dynamic Replicator (HDR). The enhancements help large enterprises meet recovery time and recovery point objectives remotely and locally for data and applications, including Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server and Oracle, in physical and virtual environments. Building on its success with midsize companies, the new HDR now extends to large enterprises to minimize business disruption by continuously collecting data changes as they occur, all while they upgrade to the latest in Hitachi storage technologies like Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP).
"Disaster recovery is a critical concern for organizations of all sizes as they strive to improve the data resilience of their operations. Specifically, large enterprises are dealing with rapid data growth that requires simplified and cost-effective data protection and replication solutions for disaster planning and operational recovery in physical and virtual environments," said Sean Moser, vice president, Storage Software Product Management, Hitachi Data Systems. "Hitachi Dynamic Replicator enables customers to meet these demand requirements by continuously capturing and replicating data as it changes, making the data nearly instantly available for recovery - all while being completely transparent to the file systems, applications and network."
New Hitachi Dynamic Replicator: Better Clustering Support, CDP, Scalability
Hitachi Dynamic Replicator, powered by InMage Systems, uses a unique hybrid technology to capture changes to data in real time and offers flexible recovery to any previous point in time. As one solution serving enterprise and midsize companies, it supports any vendor's servers and storage while preserving customers' existing investments and infrastructure.
The new HDR introduces vast clustering support required by enterprise-class environments including Oracle RAC, AIX, Linux and Solaris. HDR is the only unified product in the market that has PureSplit continuous data protection (CDP) for all major enterprise platforms, which allows data to split for replication while being transparent to the file systems and applications. Following are more details on the new enterprise-level enhancements:
* Extended Oracle RAC Support: Recovery wizards for Oracle RAC CDP support on Linux and Unix outperform every block-level replication product and set a new benchmark for ease of use.
* Clustering Support: UNIX, AIX 6.1, Solaris, Linux.
* Enterprise Level PureSplit CDP: Seamless and transparent file system and application replication.
* Improved Scalability: Unified protection for all aspects of storage, from volumes to servers and virtual machines; now scales to hundreds of servers.
* Hybrid of Fabric and Host Architectures: Compatible with all fabrics including Brocade, Cisco, and QLogic.
HDR is an optimal recovery solution for key enterprise applications and improves overall recovery reliability for any organization - distributed or centralized. Benefits of HDR include:
* Improved application usability: Works with Exchange, SharePoint, Oracle and VMware.
* Faster, more reliable data and application recovery: Offers automated policy-based software solutions; fail over and fail back.
* Optimal Recovery Point Objective (RPO), Recovery Time Objective (RTO), and ROI: Leverages CDP with sparse retention to help meet even the most stringent RPO and RTO requirements for up to 5x reduction in disk requirements over standard CDP.
* Preservation of existing investments: Enhances existing data protection solutions; single solution supports heterogeneous servers and storage.
* Improved data management and protection operations: Leverages PureSplit CDP to allow replication without impacting the application or file system.
* Learn more about Hitachi Dynamic Replicator
* Follow us on Twitter
* Connect with us on LinkedIn
* Friend us on Facebook
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems provides best-in-class information technologies, services and solutions that deliver compelling customer ROI, unmatched return on assets (ROA) and demonstrable business impact. With a vision that IT must be virtualized, automated, cloud-ready and sustainable, Hitachi Data Systems offers solutions that improve IT costs and agility. With more than 4,700 employees worldwide, Hitachi Data Systems does business in more than 100 countries and regions. Hitachi Data Systems products, services and solutions are trusted by the world's leading enterprises, including more than 70 percent of the Fortune 100 and more than 80 percent of the Fortune Global 100. Hitachi Data Systems believes that data drives our world - and information is the new currency. To learn more, visit: http://www.hds.com.