Long Island, NY (PressExposure) April 08, 2009 -- In the 1990s, consumers had become more conscious about purchasing products that are not tested on animals because of the discovery that some manufacturers participated in unethical practices while developing their products. Even though cruelty-free shopping has become popular, it can also be confusing, misleading and frustrating.
Some manufacturers had begun creating their own definition of cruelty-free practices or animal-friendly procedures without the participation of any animal protection groups. As a result, several animal protection groups joined together to form the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC). The CCIC promotes a comprehensive standard and an internationally recognized Leaping Bunny Logo. This coalition is now working with manufacturers to help make shopping for animal-friendly products easier and more reliable.
Today, the Leaping Bunny Program administers a cruelty-free standard and the internationally recognized Leaping Bunny Logo for companies producing cosmetic, personal care and household products. The Leaping Bunny Program provides the best assurance that no new animal testing is used in any phase of product development by the manufacturer, its laboratories or suppliers.
Honeymark International manufactures skin care products containing Manuka Honey as a natural healing agent. Manuka Honey is indigenous to New Zealand and is derived from the Manuka Tea Tree. It has been discovered that this unique type of mono-floral honey contains extraordinary healing properties not found in other types of honey and even some traditional forms of medicine. In fact, the use of Manuka Honey for therapeutic purposes has even been known to outperform antibiotics and other types of medication in most cases, particularly in the instance of antibiotic-resistant infections (such as MRSA and VRE).
Honeymark manufactures the following products:
- Acne Cream [http://www.honeymarkproducts.com/acne-cream.aspx]
- Anti-Fungal Solution [http://www.honeymarkproducts.com/anti-fungalsolution.aspx]
- Anti-Itch Cream [http://www.honeymarkproducts.com/anti-itchcream.aspx]
- Antiseptic Spray [http://www.honeymarkproducts.com/antiseptic-spray.aspx]
- Anti-Wrinkle Serum [http://www.honeymarkproducts.com/anti-wrinkle-serum.aspx]
- First Aid Antiseptic Lotion [http://www.honeymarkproducts.com/firstaidantisepticlotion.aspx]
- Hand Sanitizing Gel [http://www.honeymarkproducts.com/hand-sanitizing-gel.aspx]
- Liquid Hand Soap [http://www.honeymarkproducts.com/antimicrobial-liquid-hand-soap.aspx]
- Pain Relief Cream [http://www.honeymarkproducts.com/painreliefcream.aspx]