Apple Valley, MN (PressExposure) February 12, 2009 -- Ron Kness, of Business Writing Resources - Resume Writing Services, has five helpful hints for creating a winning resume - one that gets you an interview:
1. Always have a job objective. This is absolutely a critical part of your resume, yet one of the most overlooked. Interviewers usually spend less than a minute scanning your resume; you have to have an objective that grabs their attention and leads them to read the rest of your resume. A well written objective of six words or less shows an employer you are focused in your career goals and know exactly what you want.
2. Use powerful action words. Impress an employer by describing the work youâve done with strong action words. For example, instead of saying you were âresponsible forâ a department (passive), say you âmanagedâ that department (active). Some of the strongest words to use on a resume are: managed, developed, authored, negotiated and conceptualized.
3. Use bullets generously. Bullets instantly catch an employerâs eye. Use bullets to highlight your qualifications, achievements and capabilities. Bullets break up blocks of text creating more white space and makes your resume visually appealing and easier to read.
4. Be focused and selective. Focus your resume to only one job at a time and include only information relative and supportive to your specific job objective. A common error is including everything you ever done on every resume. Tailor the resume to the position you are seeking.
5. Call an expert. When you donât have the time, desire, or training to write your own resume, call a professional. Resume Writing Services offers resumes, cover letters and thank you notes to win the job you want. Their one-on-one, professional yet affordable, resumes writing service produces uniquely-written resumes aimed at getting you interviews.
NOTE TO EDITORS/PRODUCERS: Ron Kness, of Resume Writing Resources is available for interviews. Call (612) 414-5674 or email at email@example.com.