East Arlington, TX (PressExposure) January 12, 2010 -- Catalog printing is great to get direct sales for your business. Nevertheless, do you really know how to make catalog marketing work for you? Do you know how to take advantage of catalogs?
Do you know how to develop a business image, establish a reputation and thereby increase sales success? If you just print catalogs for sales, not really for TRUE marketing purposes, then read on, and let me tell you how you can make catalog marketing work for you.
â¢ Making marketing catalogs: First, let us tackle the tricky task of making your marketing tools. There are three simple steps to do this.
◦ Research - Initially, you may need to research. You cannot just print without some idea as to how to do it correctly. Do some market research about your target market and see the ideal things that they like to see. Also, try to determine where your target market usually hangs out, and what methods are easiest to get them to have a copy of your marketing tool. Gather your data in one location and study it to get a better idea of how you should design.
◦ Design - With research done, you should be ready for the design. Based on the data you collected, it should be pretty obvious what kind of design you will need. You will know, depending on the wants and needs of the target market the appropriate design theme to use. For example, if you have to present them to corporate clients, then a more professional looking catalog is warranted. However, a more general audience can make do with simple and easy to understand catalogs with nice and vibrant colors. Just design in a way to appeal to your target marketing and you should be fine.
◦ Print - Finally, to get them produced you must turn to a printing company. I recommend using an online printing service for this so that you can have an easier time. You will just have to pay for the printing services and wait to receive the final output. This is a far better cry from creating them yourself one by one using your office printer. With that, you should have some nice output done.
â¢ How to give away: Now, let us get into the hard part and that is the distribution. To succeed in your marketing, you have to distribute to as many number of people as possible. There are three ways to do it.
◦ Postal Service - If you have customers clear across the country, the best way is to mail them. This comes at an investment in the form of postage stamps and envelopes, but this has a potential to reach a lot of people across far distances. You will need exact names and addresses though so this can be difficult. However, if you can pull it off, you can reap a lot of benefits indeed.
◦ By hand - If you want a more local approach to distribution you can also do it by hand. By just going around giving away to customers at your shop the people outside and even leaving some copies at public places you can get the marketing word out across a lot of people in your area. While this can be a hit and miss affair at least this is the cheapest and easiest way to distribute.
◦ By products and other items- Finally, you can distribute by just leaving a few copies of them within product packaging or via public and press relations kits. This will directly give your most loyal customers and the most important media outlets a chance to study and want the products.
Now you know how to make color catalogs and how to use them for marketing. You can now probably go ahead with your own marketing campaign with some semblance of a good plan. Good Luck!