Delhi, India (PressExposure) March 23, 2011 -- The convocation of Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow saw 572 students being awarded their diplomas by Dr. Devi Singh, Director IIM Lucknow and Dr. J.J. Irani, Chairman, Board of Governors IIM Lucknow. Mr. Kapil Sibal, Honourable Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Communications & Technology delivered the Convocation Address through a video link.
338 students from the 25th batch of Post Graduate Programme in Management, 28 students from the 6th batch of Post Graduate Programme in Agri-business Management, 2 International Exchange students of ESCAP Paris, who have satisfactorily completed the requirements of the Post Graduate Programme in Management along with 110 students from Post Graduate Programme in Management for Working Executives (WMP) and 94 students from International Programme in Management for Executives (IPMX) batches, from the Noida campus received the diplomas. And as graduates, they are about to swell the ranks of about 4000+ IIML alumni, whose continuing support helps build the Institute's ongoing reputation and community support.
'At IIM Lucknow we adopt a holistic approach to Management Education. Each graduating student is trained to be a manager of today and a leader of tomorrow, someone who governs with essence of conscientiousness, and has a dynamic approach to any kind of situation at any level of organization' says Dr. Devi Singh, Director, IIM Lucknow.
During the academic year 2010-11, the institute witnessed an all-round growth and in continuance with its march ahead, undertook some significant initiatives, which are listed below:
- From 30 students in the first batch, intake was increased to 419 students in the Post Graduate Programme in Management in 2010-11.
- The doctoral programme entered its 11th year in 2010 and saw 10 students being admitted to this coveted programme.
- The sixth batch of Institute's three year Post graduate Programme in Management for Working Managers with an intake of 131 students commenced in June 2010 at the Noida Campus
- This year also sees the largest graduating batch to be placed across all IIM's till date. Nearly 200 companies along with many first time recruiters participated in the placement process, with 528 offers being made to a batch of 366 students.
- Institute's Management Development Programmes have seen a continuous growth across the years. This year 124 programmes in all were conducted with more than 2434 executives attending the programmes.
- On the infrastructure front, this year sees the coming up of the new state of the art Composite Class room block. The CCRB also boasts of a COCO lounge (created in association with the Coir Board of India) on the terrace, a first in India. The same was inaugurated by the Dr. J.J. Irani, Chairman, IIM Lucknow Board of Governors, 20 faculty flats have been completed and a 1500 seater convention centre is nearing completion at Noida campus.
- IIML's International Academic Collaborations with many partner institutions in Europe and North America gained further momentum during the year. IIML has international partnerships with 24 institutes.
- IIM Lucknow, this year takes up the role of mentoring IIM Kashipur. This is second consecutive year when IIM Lucknow is mentoring a new IIM, with IIM Rohtak being taken under its wings last year.
- This year also marks a new era in the history of IIM Lucknow. From this year IIM Lucknow becomes a self sustainable management institute with no government grants coming in.