Clinton, MD (PressExposure) October 22, 2009 -- Diversity matters in the workplace. There is compelling business evidence in favor of the necessity for diversity recruiting in today's workplace. Listed below is a small snapshot of how the lack of diversity recruiting in corporate America can have an immeasurable influence on revenue and performance in the years to come.
Diversity recruiting can impact the workplace and consumer values by:
1. Product sales: Which can dramatically increase when customers see people that look like them serving their needs.
2. Products/services: A company must take into account cultural variations.
3. Customers changing: As diversity increases companies must have products, services, and employees to reflect those diverse needs.
4. Advertising and marketing campaigns: Must be focused and effective.
6. Globalization and competitive advantage: A company must understand the unique needs of people from different cultures and regions.
7. Productivity: It increases when managers understand how to manage diversity.
8. Loss of talent & increased recruiting costs: When companies do not value diversity at the expense of the majority legal problems and costs will mount. Diversity recruiting requires managers and recruiters with diverse perspectives and experiences.
9. "Why" questions: People from diverse backgrounds and experiences often "challenge" and question business processes. If managed correctly, it can lead to the adoption of a continuous improvement mindset.
10. Better decision-making: Team members from the same background and experiences generally make decisions within their narrow range of experiences.
Ramona Clay is President/Owner of Ramona Clay, Inc., an Executive & Diversity search boutique staffing firm specializing in recruiting African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, and other professionals. We are a 100% minority/woman-owned enterprise with over 15+ years of experience recruiting for companies across America.