East Arlington, TX (PressExposure) November 04, 2009 -- One major thing that you will edit in terms of booklet printing and design are your characters and words. The images are not the only ones that need enhancing when booklet printing, since of course, text content is a major thing.
In this guide, I will teach you a few tricks on how to improve the characters and words in your booklets. You can do these tricks even when you do cheap booklet printing to make them still look great and professionally made.
1. Making your fonts more interesting - you do not have to use the fonts provided by your application if you do not want to. You can make your fonts more interesting if you download fonts elsewhere that are more interesting. There are lots of different fonts from the Internet that can be useful. You should try to search and see if there are font styles that are perfect for your design. One way or another, you should be able to find a nice suitable font for your designs.
2. Making your words bolder - You can also try to adopt a simple and nice font effect to improve your words. Simply use the "bold", "italics" and "underline" feature in your design software to make your text more interesting. You can use the bold effect to emphasize words and headings, and use italics on special and complicated words. The "underline effect" of course can also have many interesting uses for your text. So use them when you can.
3. Managing character sizes and spaces - You can also adjust and improve your words by managing their character sizes and spaces. In design software, you should easily change the spacing of the objects from the default average for a single line, to larger and thinner line spaces that you can specify. This can also apply to the font size as you can dictate the actual heights and widths of character spaces, making for a nice and more compact way of typing content.
4. Adding character borders - Now, for further emphasis on certain parts of your text, you may want to add some simple character borders in your headlines or special texts. This can also be called the "stroke effect" in your image layers. Character borders are basically an extra colored space around the outline of each character. You can specify usually how this outline is colored so that you can set it apart from the actual character color. This is great for logos or for special text in the cover since you can make the words look like a title or a sign in advertisements.
5. Mixing font types and sizes - Finally, you can also simply mix different font types and sizes. Sometimes two types of fonts can be a match to each other. One big and wacky type font can be a nice title, while a smaller type font that is more clear and straightforward can be used in tandem with it, used for the description of the title. This is an easy effect to do. It can have quite a good luck in most color booklets. Use this as an effect for your headings, subheadings.
Therefore, that is how you can improve the appearance of your booklet design in terms of characters and words. You can engage more readers by doing this, and make your advertising tool less boring. Good Luck!