New York, New York (PressExposure) March 09, 2012 -- Whotune, the one stop for a new music industry and Portable Sound Labs, a leading innovator in ultra-portable speaker systems for iPods, iPhones, iPads, MP3 players, smart phones, and tablets, today announced the launch of a contest to find the next featured artist for their "mLabs" music relations program.
The contest begins on Monday March 5, 2012 and runs through Monday April 2, 2012. The winner will be announced on Monday April 9, 2012. To enter, got to [http://www.whotune.com] and click the competitions tab for your chance to become the PSL mLabs Featured Artist!
Through the PSL "mLABS" program, the company will choose and take an "inside look" at a selected music artist and engage in promotional campaigns in support of the artists by providing a host of opportunities which include PSL driven online editorial coverage and downloads, exposure to and through PSL's Artist Network of promotional partners. Additionally, the artist will receive a suite of PSL and PSL partner products.
"At Portable Sound Labs, we understand the power of music and see that the current music landscape has a need for exciting, creative outlets for up and coming artists. We want to cultivate relationships with the artists and not only represent their music through our quality portable speaker products, but also create an ecosystem that allows artists opportunities they wouldn't ordinarily have in today'," said Rob Jones, PSL's Music Relations Manager and 25 year music industry veteran. "We are excited to connect our mLabs program with the growing indie music community on Whotune. This partnership is about discovering and supporting new talent. We want to work with those artists who aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves, work hard, and promote themselves. Along with our network of promotional partners, we think we can bring a new level of exposure and opportunities to these artists worldwide and provide them quality audio gear to create and deliver great new music."
The Winner of this Whotune / PSL contest will become an mLABS Featured Artist, which includes:
- An array of promotion and support opportunities: PSL website editorial coverage, social media campaigns, music downloads, exposure to/through PSL's Artist Network of promotional partners, in-box packaging of artist materials with PSL products, sponsored live appearances and tour marketing support.
- A complete suite of PSL products, including the iMainGo X, XP, and the new 2012 Pipeline Drop Base, and more (many of those before they are available to the public)!
- A Gift box of swag from our mLABS promotional partners.
- Automatic qualification for a chance to perform at a legendary outdoor Los Angeles concert venue on the night of a national touring artist
ALSO the winner will become the Whotune AOTM for May
- Featured on the homepage of Whotune.com,
- Featured our FB page Feature and interview for the monthly Whotune newsletter.
- Add your song to our monthly sampler for download / distribution to our mailing list and to our Network of Tastemakers, a group of music industry influencers and bloggers
- Add your track to the CMJ FREE PLAY compilation as a bonus distribution opportunity to their list of over 20,000 industry, radio programmers and music fans
Check out all the cool gear from Portable Sound Labs at http://www.portablesoundlabs.com
LIKE PSL on Facebook and get a 20% DISCOUNT on all PSL products.