Delhi, India (PressExposure) January 14, 2010 -- India is an ideal destination to spend your vacations and enjoy quality time with your friends and family. Thanks to better tourism facilities, improved infrastructure and international hospitality standards maintained in India, the influx of tourists in India has seen much growth during recent years. Whether you travel alone or with family or group, it's always wise to get the services of some experienced travel agency which will not just help you plan your journey in advance but also offer you attractive prices and discounts.
Travel packages are preplanned and prearranged tours which are sometimes flexible enough to be customized as per your purse and preferences. Not all tour packages are customizable; however, consulting your travel operator is always fruitful.
Here are a few tips to get the most of a tour package on your trip to India.
- Do your own research : Internet is rife with the information on travel websites and information. Just Google the relevant keywords and you'll be flooded with a ton of information on any topic. Visit the official sites of tourism of divisions of Indian states. Based on your tour type, you may also want to check out the relevant sites. For example, if you wish to embark on a luxury train journey in India, visiting the official site of particular may help. Another good source of authentic information is books. Purchase a good guide book, we recommend Lonely Planet and Frommer's travel guide. Seeking advice from someone who's been to India may also be of immense help.
- Plan your journey: The next step is to plan your travel. Know the destinations you wish to visit, available hotels of your categories and comparative prices of hotels. Although your tour operator will do this analysis for you, it is advisable to get some idea on your own.
- Do a background check: Chances are you run across a tout who will overcharge you or sell a product which you wouldn't like in the end. So it is wise to check the credentials of your travel operator. Know whether he's certified by some tourism body. Knowing what the earlier travelers have to say about your operator. Search Twitter and Facebook for some insights.
- Discuss your budget: One of the most fascinating aspects of travelling in India is that you can travel even on shoe-string budget. From luxury hotels to mid-range, budget and cheap hotels, all types of accommodations are available in almost all cities in India. Your preference of a certain class of hotel has obvious bearings on cost. If you choose budget or mid-range hotel for stay during your journey, your cost will considerably be lower as compared to luxury hotels. So frankly state your budget to travel provider and he may come with a better price suited to your pocket.
- Relate your preferences : India is visited by gazillions of travelers each year. Some visit India for pure fun, some for spiritual soul-searching, others for exploring nature and heritage and still others for adventure. Maybe you are a photographer, avid scuba diver, wildlife enthusiast or a history buff. Tell this to your travel agent and he or she may be able to personalize your itinerary as per your interests.
- Keep your partner in the loop: Are you fantasizing about lazing on the beach while your partner's idea of holidays is to explore the serene backwaters of Kerala? If so, chances are your vacations may turn into a bad experience. Ask your partner his/her preferences and discuss with your tour operator so that he comes with a best itinerary that you both enjoy. After all, the whole idea of vacation is to have fun and spend some quality time together!
Generally, travel packages are all inclusive. It means that boarding, lodging and transfers are all inclusive of the cost of the package unless otherwise stated. This makes the India tour packages best to offer good value for your money and time.