Ellicott City, MD (PressExposure) March 18, 2013 -- International Mapping & Equator Maps release the new Great Smoky Mountain National Park app to completely change and enhance the way outdoor enthusiasts explore and navigate America's most visited Park.
The Great Smoky Mountain National Park app includes over 1,800 points of interest in and around the National Park, providing consumers with a truly in-depth look at everything the park has to offer its visitors. The app contains several layers of detailed maps surrounded by a variety of easy-to-use navigational tools and personal customization features.
The app includes a series of innovative tools, which make hiking the park an interactive and stimulating experience. Some of these tools include:
- GPS tracking of your location, without WIFI or cell reception.
- A revolutionary new trail navigation system.
- Dynamically generated trail elevation profiles.
- Distance, area, bearing and compass map tools.
- Customized pins to record photos, comments and locations along your hike.
- Ability to share your custom pins with others who have the app.
- Detailed search capabilities by nearby locations and by type.
- Identify the Latitude/Longitude or UTM Coordinate for any place on the map.
The app's easy-to-read information and detailed graphics will truly transform and improve your hiking experience making it an indispensable resource for your next outing. The Great Smoky Mountain National Park app can be downloaded directly from Apple's iTunes App Store for $0.99 and is compatible with both iPhone and iPad.