Epping, Australia (PressExposure) May 29, 2013 -- Jaguar a manufacturer of luxury saloons is the number one automotive brand in the UK, according to data collated in the Vehicle Ownership Satisfaction Survey (VOSS).
Data from this survey is analysed by J.D Power and Associates in partnership with the definitive UK car buying guide; What Car?, who together have identified Jaguar as Best Brand in the UK for the second successive year.
Jaguar also claimed top spot for its XF model in the J.D Power and Associates / What Car? survey Executive Car category. The XF is Jaguar's highest-selling product and has received more than 100 international awards since its launch. The XF was given five-star ratings for performance, service and running costs. Owners commented that they didn't regret spending a single penny on their Jaguar XF, rating it as 'excellent' across all categories.
Participants in the J.D. Power / What Car? survey noted the high levels of comfort in the XF, citing its luxurious interior and intuitive controls. Jaguar UK dealers received commendation in the study, and were reported to be helpful, accommodating and provide servicing and repair work at reasonable costs.
The study considered the opinions of over 16,000 UK car owners who rated 116 car models from 28 brands. Chas Hallett, What Car? Editor-in-Chief said: "Once again we have received a great response to this year's annual JD Power / What Car? survey. This clearly shows that car owners are eager to provide manufacturers with feedback on their experiences. It is fantastic to see a British car manufacturer perform so well. Jaguar is triumphant for the second year running in the study - owners gave Jaguar cars - and slick customer service from its dealers - a big thumbs up".
"The new car market is fiercely competitive and to have a British manufacturer placed as the top automotive brand by UK car buyers for the second year in a row is a phenomenal achievement. We aim to offer customers outstanding products through an aggressive growth plan, made possible by sustainable investment in design, engineering and manufacturing here in Great Britain."
- The Jaguar XF has won in excess of 100 international and UK awards since its launch in 2008, the most recent being the Telegraph Motoring Awards and Diesel Car's 2013 Car of the Year Awards. It was also voted the Auto Express Driver Power 'Car of the Decade'.
- The XFR-S was first shown at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November and made its debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed Press Day earlier this year.
- The XFR-S is capable of sprinting from zero to 60mph in just 4.4 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.6 seconds), up to the electronically limited top speed of 186mph (300km/h) and with an astonishing 550PS and 680Nm of torque. The new XFR-S is available to order now, priced in the UK at £79,995 (OTR).
- The Jaguar F-TYPE is off to an award-winning start, having recently achieved the title of 2013 World Car Design of the Year. It was selected ahead of 42 rivals by the 66 World Car of the Year jury members.
- Three F-TYPE models are available F-TYPE, F-TYPE S and the F-TYPE V8 S - powered respectively by Jaguar's new 3.0-litre V6 supercharged petrol engine in 340PS and 380PS outputs and its 5.0-litre V8 supercharged petrol producing 495PS and prices starting at just £58,520 (OTR) for the 340hp V6 model.
- The Jaguar XF, XJ, XK and F-TYPE may be configured online at: http://www.jaguar.com/au/en/build_your_jaguar
About What Car?
What Car?, the UK's biggest car-buying brand, has a magazine, a market-leading website, an iPad edition and several established brand extensions. Its magazine has helped Britain's car buyers make purchasing decisions for almost 40 years, and its tests are widely regarded as the most trusted source of new-car advice.
Latest National Readership Survey results indicate that 504,000 people read What Car? magazine every month (NRS Jan 2011-Dec 2011).
Whatcar.com is the UK's leading car-buying website, offering trusted reviews and data on every new car. A winner of numerous awards and accolades, whatcar.com is recognised as one of the UK's leading consumer websites for car purchases, and attracted just under three million visits in November 2012 (desktop and mobile). The website also offers advice on car leasing, new car deals and used cars for sale.
What Car? is owned by Haymarket Media Group - the UK's largest independently owned publishing company, with a portfolio of more than 150 titles, ranging from specialist consumer magazines to business titles and customer publications, published via wholly owned subsidiaries, joint ventures and under licence worldwide.
About J.D. Power and Associates
The European headquarters of J.D. Power and Associates is located in Munich, Germany. With world headquarters in Westlake Village, California, USA, J.D. Power and Associates is a global marketing information services company operating in key business sectors including market research, forecasting, performance improvement, web intelligence and customer satisfaction. The company's quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. J.D. Power and Associates is a business unit of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
About The McGraw-Hill Companies
Founded in 1888, The McGraw-Hill Companies is a leading global financial information and education company that helps professionals and students succeed in the Knowledge Economy. Leading brands include Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts energy information services and J.D. Power and Associates. The corporation has approximately 21,000 employees with more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Sales in 2010 were $6.2 billion. Additional information is available at http://www.mcgraw-hill.com.