Kelston, New Zealand (PressExposure) September 25, 2009 -- The rental cost for cars can vary widely from place to place and company to company. To get the best car for your money and drive home happily, try these top tips:
1. If you are planning to rent a car for a week or more, you need to shop around. Use online companies listed to find out where you can get the best deal.
2. There is discount associated with national organizations or major rental firms. Ask the car hire company about discounts offered by them on car and Auckland van rentals.
3. Before you rent a car, check the terms of your rental reservation. Is there any penalty associated, if in case you can't make it. Also ask if the car will be held if you are delayed and if so, for how long.
4. Is the company charging any fee for extra drivers? Is there is requirement for the names of drivers to be listed on the contract?
5. What safety coverage the company is providing in case you had a breakdown. Are they having their offices near by the itinerary you are visiting?
6. Ask for the drop-out charges if you are hiring for a longer duration. Also check that the rate you've quoted includes airport surcharges, additional drivers' fees, insurance and gasoline costs, all applicable taxes and drop-off fees.
7. Always ask for a confirmation number.
8. Be careful of returning your rental car early.
9. Understand the terms of your contract. If in doubt, ask before you sign the dotted lines.