Mumbai, Maharashtra India (PressExposure) November 23, 2011 -- Ketchum Sampark, the Indian Affiliate of Ketchum Inc, the leading global communications network, today announced the launch of its digital media business Ketchum Sampark Digital. Aimed at garnering substantial market share in the emerging digital media business, Ketchum Sampark Digital will offer full-service interactive strategy, Web design, video production and multimedia development to help companies tell their stories and build engagement with their audiences on digital media (internet and mobile)
Commenting on the launch of Ketchum Sampark Digital, Mr N S Rajan, Managing Director, Ketchum Sampark said, "The launch of Ketchum Sampark Digital reflects the emerging significance of engaging with consumers through prolific use of digital domains. There has been a distinct shift in usage patterns wherein consumers look beyond email and casual surfing to complete engagement and internet as the media of choice for information. We are initially launching our Digital business with a team of young social media experts and progressively build a bandwidth of skills and digital capabilities including a team of interactive strategists, digital designers and producers."
According to Jonathan Kopp, Partner & Global Director, Ketchum Digital, "Globally, Ketchum Digital has created innovative digital media solutions for clients including FedEx, Kodak, ConAgra, Absolut amongst many other industry-leading companies. With the launch of Ketchum Sampark Digital India joins other Ketchum Offices and digital experts around the globe in the Ketchum Global Digital Network bringing digital social media solutions from around the world for our clients everywhere."
As part of its foray in the digital media business, Ketchum Sampark is concluding a detailed study of 200 Indian corporates and nearly 150 brands in the Indian marketplace to track their digital footprint as well as user engagements. The study covers Corporates from across 20 different industries including Aviation, BFSI, Consulting, Diversified Large Indian Corporates, Healthcare & Pharmaceutical, Oil & energy, Software Services and FMCG. The Brands covered in the survey are from across 14 categories including Apparel, Automobile, Media & Entertainment, Personal Care and Retail.
"Our study has tracked engagement of these corporations & brands with their target audiences using social media channels like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Linkedin," said Ajay Sharma, Managing Partner, Ketchum Sampark.
Key Findings of Ketchum Sampark Digital's Indian Social Media Engagement Study 2011
· Initial findings indicate that while most Indian companies (82 %) have registered a presence on at least one of the four social media channels that were surveyed, the activity is largely focused around consumer communication for their products and services.
· Linkedin seems to be the most preferred channel on social media with 72 % of the companies surveyed having a dedicated page on Linkedin.
· Though Facebook is the largest social media platform in India with over 38 million followers, it lags behind LinkedIn with only 55% of Indian corporates registering a presence on it.
· Using video and multimedia to create engagement with consumers, investors, potential employees and other audiences is still not an avenue explored by Indian corporates with barely 6% being Very Active on YouTube.
· More than 50% of corporates despite opening up a channel or registering a page on social media are Inactive. Some Inactive corporates also tend to use the presence on a channel opportunistically during launches and other significant company initiatives.
· We feel that with the explosion in social media users this will change in 2012.
· Out of the 150 brands surveyed, 23% did not have any presence on social media platforms while 30% had a presence on only one channel. Only 22% of brands were present on all three social media platforms.
· Unlike corporates, Facebook is the clear favourite for brands with 75% of these brands registering a presence on it. YouTube and Twitter followed with 42% and 28% respectively.
· 79% of brands with a presence on Twitter were Very Active / Active on the platform as compared to 69% on YouTube and 63% on Facebook.