Ontario, Canada (PressExposure) September 03, 2009 -- With proper lawn care maintenance, the home owners and property owners can keep their lawn in a lush, green and healthy condition. A healthy lawn and garden will increases the value of your property.
For maintaining a great looking lawn, homeowners and property owners must provide consistent care. Performing the right task at right time can be the secret to a healthy lawn and garden.
Consider the following steps to maintain your lawn and garden:
1. Water the lawn deeply once a week when dry conditions prevail, with at least 2 inches of water.
2. Proper fertilizing. It is recommended to apply fertilizers in late summer or the early fall but they can also be done in early spring and winter.
3. Make sure you evenly apply lawn fertilizers to achieve a uniform green lawn.
4. Make sure your fertilization includes the three main nutrients that work to keep it attractive and healthy. These nutrients are:
5. Nitrogen to maintain a dark green color, thick turf and a strong lead and blade.
6. Phosphorus for a healthy root and to promote long life of plants
7. Potassium to help keep the plant strong and resistant to wear, drought and cold winters.
8. To determine the amount of nutrients needed by your lawn, test the soil. Problem soil may have a pH imbalance. Ask your garden center where you can purchase a soil test kit to check. Hiring a lawn care service is also an option.
9. Control weeds by pulling them out by hand when the soil is moist for easy removal and to get as much of their root as possible.
10.Raise your mower height and keep your lawn between 6 and 8 cm high (2.5 to 3 inches) Dull and damaged mower blades should kept sharpened.
11.Mow your lawn in different directions and leave your lawn clippings on the lawn after you mow â they make an ideal (and free) fertilizer
12.Wash away small colonies of pests on trees or shrubs before they infest your gardens.
It is important to remember lawn care and lawn maintenance may vary from day to day. Be sure to observe your landscape conditions daily. No matter the time of year, you can follow efficient lawn care and maintenance tips to make your lawn greener and healthier.