New York, NY (PressExposure) December 20, 2011 -- As Lorraine Abelow, founder of her NYC public relations agency, gazes into her crystal ball to forecast trends for 2012 her predictions focus on new trends gathering steam and old standbys returning with greater gusto.
1. The marriage of SEO and online PR content is stronger than ever. Generating your own blogs with interesting observations and insights, organized around keywords based on sound research, will drive qualified traffic to your site. And those releases can be syndicated to hundreds of sites, a new tactic that makes your links spiral out exponentially.
2. The credibility of coverage in news blogs with huge audiences will continue to gain traction. Aim high, and reach millions by securing stories in the largest blog in the world, the Huffington Post, as well as highly respected sites such as the New York Times', About.com. And don't ignore the incredibly powerful and tightly-knit "Mom blogs" since it's the mom's who make the major lifestyle buying decisions like travel, home appliances, décor, consumer products and dining.
3. A surprise! Magazines are proliferating based on niche interests and regions. The power of print: it has staying power. The average magazine reader relaxes for a good half hour when reading their favorite magazine all about their passion, and the issues stay around the house for a month or in airplane seats and doctors offices where they are read by multiple readers.
4. Twitter will continue to enhance the role of PR, gaining leverage with the press. Twitter is going to gain more ground, with media using it as the go-to venue for what's trending. Twitter is the new Facebook, with bite-sized stories that go viral like mad. Abelow PR has found reporters picking up stories straight from their tweets!
5. PR's role will continue to grow as news sites proliferate. Clients will gain further understanding the value of proactively getting the message out through earned coverage via PR when they see spikes in traffic from stories on their websites.
Abelow PR is a public relations agency founded 20 years ago by Lorraine Abelow, a thirty year veteran of the industry. Her experience ranges from travel to food to luxury consumer products and related lifestyle industries.