Austin, Texas (PressExposure) August 05, 2013 -- With several of the media championing their collection of travel bags, the international community is paying a lot more attention to not only the chic-retro designs, but also to the extensive practical uses of the bags.
Their Indiegogo campaign, http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-ultimate-messenger-travel-bag/x/3480115 is part of their initiative to make their bags more accessible to their customers as well as to provide fun and exciting rewards and perks for each contribution towards their campaign. Their entertaining rewards range from $5 contributions to receive good travel karma opportunities to being flown into Austin, TX for a weekend of splendor and adventure. Specific rewards include a variety of their collection of travel bags as well for various contributions. They hope to engage the public with their adventure-filled culture and to promote the brand's philanthropic personality such as their current collaboration with the Susan G. Komen Austin Foundation.
Megan Schiebe, Head Designer at M.J. Schiebe started designing these bags due to her busy work and travel schedule hopping from one country to the next for work as well as traveling to the most exotic beaches in the world to pursue her passion for surfing. She realized that there was not a style-savvy enough bag on the market that was big enough to hold her laptop and iPad securely on the plane that looked chic, as well as could keep her cell phone and iPod in a convenient pocket with extra room to pack for a weekend getaway. She wanted a bag that she could slide under the plane seat that was big enough to keep all of these items secure.
So, what makes these bags so cool and in high demand?
1) The distinctive positioning of the iPod and cellphone pocket in the front of messenger bag allows for convenient placement of keys, iPod and cellphone to facilitate easy music listening experience when traveling
2) Convenient zip in the center of bag in the front holds passport for effortless access
3) Upper zip pockets in front of bag provides convenient placement for flip flops, swimsuits, board shorts, sunscreen, rain-jacket, cameras, bottled water and sandwiches when traveling
4) Large Velcro pocket pouch inside bag at the back allows for iPads and laptops to be placed while traveling and can be slipped under the plane seat
5) Bags are padded in the front, back and sides to protect items inside bag.
They are also big philanthropists and donate a percentage of their sales to several non-profits locally and internationally so that they can bring awareness to these causes such as Humanitarian campaigns like Women and Girl literacy projects, Human Rights and Climate Change.