Dubai, India (PressExposure) February 15, 2012 -- 1st Cycle of "AED 1 million award" launched to raise environmental awareness and to encourage contributions from all sectors of UAE society in support of the "UAE Green Development Strategy".
In line with the directives laid down by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, the UAE Minister of Environment and Water, Dr. Rashid Ahmad bin Fahd, in collaboration with the Higher Committee of the Zayed International Foundation for the Environment, has launched the First Cycle of the Emirates Appreciation Award for the Environment on (Wednesday, February 15th 2012).
The Award, which is worth AED 1 million in prize money, has been established with the aim of stimulating environmentally conscious initiatives among the larger community including corporate, government institutions, civil society and individuals. Designed to promote the values of sustainable development and innovation among the local community, the Prize recognizes outstanding achievements in the field of environment and energy conservation across all sectors of society. It will support and encourage individual and collective national environmental initiatives that will contribute to the Green Development Strategy of the UAE. It will also shed light on the initiatives and achievements of industrial and service enterprises which are committed to environmental standards and contribute toward the promotion of a culture of environmental awareness in UAE.
A booklet has been distributed showing all the details of the Award which is classified into the following categories:
1. Environmental Personality prize (AED 200,000).
2. Institutional prize For Industry (AED 200,000).
3. Institutional prize for Education (AED 200,000).
4. Innovation, invention and environmental research Prize (AED 200,000).
5. Media and environmental awareness Prize (AED 200,000).
The prize will be awarded every two years at a special ceremony.
Inaugural Cycle Calendar (2011 -2012)
1 Official Launch of the 1st Cycle 15 Feb 2012
2 Deadline for submission of nominations 30 June 2012
3 Press Conference to announce the winners 17 October 2012
4 Inaugural Award Ceremony 28 November 2012
General requirements for nomination
1. The Award is open for Nomination of individuals Institutions, companies, Government organizations, and civil society organizations that have substantial achievements in the field of environment
2. Nomination documents should clearly highlight the excellence of achievements and demonstrate the direct involvement of the nominee in these achievements.
3. The Nominator must use a special Nomination Form developed by the Higher Committee for this purpose.
4. The nomination form must be accompanied by all the documents supporting the nomination. Candidates shall provide the Jury with any additional documents requested in the time frames specified.
5. Candidates must facilitate the work of the Jury and allow them to conduct field visits for validation of data and information mentioned in the nomination form and documents when it deems appropriate.
6. Any material submitted for nomination is not returnable.
Terms and requirements of Environmental Personality Award
1 - The candidate must be a citizen of the UAE.
2 - The candidate must have activities related to the field of environment for least ten years.
3 - The candidate must have outstanding contributions at the local, regional or international level related to the environment.
4 - The nomination is supported by the following:
a. Documents that prove the contributions of the candidate.
b. A summary of the biography illustrating the achievements and outstanding contributions in the field of environment.
For more information, please contact:
BIZ COM - 'For PRoactive Communications'
T: +971 4 332-0888
F: +971 4 332-0999