Navi Mumbai, Maharastra India (PressExposure) July 18, 2007 -- Bharat Book Bureau, a leading market information aggregator has put forth a report- ' Mobile Local Search'([http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=44764])
Mobile search provides consumers anytime, anywhere access to information via the mobile Web. Mobile search applications need to have speed and ease-of-use, feature simple query entry, quick interface navigation and precise use of limited mobile device screen space. Awareness of mobile local search continues to grow with consumers, creating new opportunities for brands and vendors to exploit the power of the mobile channel. Written by Kris Kolodziej an industry veteran in the location technology field for almost a decade, this report evaluates location-based search business opportunities and vendors that exploit them, and provides an analysis of the current market and technology landscape.
Mobile Local Search
Location-based or proximity-based search is a very important factor in presenting local search results. Local search engines use a different algorithm than the main search engines â a location-based algorithm. If a user self-provisions his location (by including a city name, zip code, area code, or address in his query), or if the location information is provided automatically via a GPS or similar, listings can be filtered according to proximity to that particular location (in addition to other metrics/filters) to make them more relevant.
This report presents mature views of the mobile local search technology and marketplace, which is usually overshadowed with hype. The analysis was predominantly based on a combination of primary and secondary research techniques, including interviews. Through triangulation and cross-verification of information obtained through these sources, this report evaluates the current state of mobile local search technology throughout the industry.
Report Coverage Includes
- Business drivers for mobile search from mobile operators perspective - Mobile local search value chain assessment and mapping of players - Strategy analysis and recommendations for suppliers and wireless carriers - Analysis and assessment of world-wide mobile search deployments - Evaluation of pros and cons of white-label search vs. Google, Yahoo, etc. - Analysis of user interface issues and evaluation of voice-enabled search - Overview of positioning solutions including cellular and non-cellular - Primary market research survey results ranking key mobile local search relevancy factors including profiling, usage patterns, and real-time location - Evaluation of the differences between desktop vs. mobile searching with an emphasis on search category, user interface issues, and attribute data - Evaluation of key attributes that multiply value localization including preferences, behaviors, demographics, business and product information, business and product rankings, and âgeo-tagsâ
Report Answers Important Questions
- Mobile Local Search â Why now? - What are the new trends? - Whoâs driving the market? - Whatâs driving the market? - How important is the userâs real-time location? - How important is the userâs profile? - How important is the userâs usage pattern?
Key Findings in Report
- The Killer Enabler â Location Information - Local content is key for tapping into local business - The future of âWalled Gardensâ and portals will be profoundly effected - Google is afraid to admit how big the business opportunity for mobile local search really is for mobile operators that tap into this new revenue stream - The future of mobile search will include localization, usage patterns, preferences, ranking, and activity
Quotes from Companies Interviewed in Report
- AOL - Askmenow - Cellwand Communications - CES - go2 - InfoSpace - JumpTap - Loopt - Mobile People - MobileCommerce - MoBlast - Nokia - TCS - V-Enable - Verizon Wireless - WPP Digital
Companies Mentioned in Report
- AOL - 4info - AdMob - ALLTELL - Apple - Ask.com - AskMeNow - Blyk - Cingular - DoubleClick - Enpocket - FastSearch - Feeva - GeoVector - Google - Greystripe - Helio - InfoSpace - InfoUSA - Itchy Guides - Jamba - JiWire - July Systems - JumpTap - Klub Universe - MapQuest - Medio - Microsoft - Mobile Content Networks - MobileVoiceControl - Monstermob - Motorola - Multimap - Navizon - NAVTEQ - NEC - Nokia - NTT DoCoMo - Nuance Communications - O2 - Orange - Overture - PocketThis - Rhythm New Media - Samsung - SiRF - Skyhook Wireless - Smart2Go - Sprint Nextel - TeamTack - TeleAtlas - TellMe - Third Screen Media - Thompson Directories - T-Mobile - TopTable - Upsnap.com - Visa International - Yahoo - Yell.com - YelloPages.com