Mandello Del Lario, Italy (PressExposure) February 14, 2009 -- At the Dino and Enzo Ferrari Circuit, Imola - Italy, on Friday March 6 next, the paddock will open at 9.30 in the morning, pit lane, and then... Wrooommm! The roaring big-twins from Mandello del Lario will lap on the fantastic circuit on the banks of the river Santerno.
In this event motorbikes will be grouped into 4 classes, 10 rounds of race practice are scheduled with finale of two parades intended for every Moto Guzzi model range. Parades are free for Moto Guzzi World Club members.
During the event new 2009 Moto Guzzi models will be available for test drive. At the end of the meeting everybody is invited to the happy hour party in the circuit VIP LOUNGE.
"EAGLES ON TRACK" IMOLA, March 6. 2009
1. In the paddock 8:30-9:00. Admission free - neither registration nor fees needed.
2. Free practice on track: in the morning from 9:30 to 12:30 and in the afternoon from 14:30 to 17:30
3. Last two rounds will consist of 4 low-speed parade laps, under the safety cars.
4. Every model range of Guzzi motorcycle is welcome to the parade. Not more than 50 motorcycles running in the parade. Technical apparel is mandatory (full-face helmets, jackets with protectors etc.) while track apparel is optional (racing suit, gloves, boots, full-face helmet). Motorbikes must be in road trim (mirrors, lights and indicators allowed).
5. Road test drive for 2009 Guzzi models from 9.00 to 17.00: tests can be booked at the Guzzi Hospitality Tent.
6. Happy hour from 18.15 to 20.00 in the circuit VIP LOUNGE, price: 20 â¬ per person
CLASSES IN TRACK DAY AND MAXIMUM OF MOTORCYCLES ALLOWED. MODERN: any small twin Guzzi motorcycle which is currently in production and any Sport or Naked Guzzi, from 1100 Sport onward. OPEN: MODERN class motorbikes in addition to any big twin, from V7 onward, and every Special with cafe racer, sport or track set up as well as bikes in track trim. RACE: motorbikes which are going to enter any contests and/or trophy in year 2009, (big or small twin) or run in Road Race Championships as well as in Speed or Regularity races (Endurance/Gr. 3-4-5 Epoca, Trofeo Guzzi, Naked Air, Roadster Cup, etc.) and Vintage Racing Motorcycles.
EXTRA: Moto Guzzi Tourism or Custom are grouped in this class, both in big and small twin, besides every Vintage Street Sport, even with different engine from V90 Maximum 25 (twenty-five) motorbikes on track, with the exception of drive testers, instructors, guides
TECHNICAL NOTES FOR MOTORCYCLE AND APPAREL REQUIREMENTS IN TRACK DAY
* Mirrors must be removed. All lights and position indicators must be taped or removed
* Open exhausts, no DB Killer required
* Riders must meet the following track requirements: full-face helmet, leather one piece, or two piece leather suit, back protection, tech and/or race gloves and boots.
* In order to participate in track or street practice, you have to sign the Disclaimer Form at the Guzzi Hospitality Tent
* Driving Instructors and/or Test Technicians will be in the lead and at the end of the bikers' group on track.
PRACTICE HOURS AND CLASSES 09,30-09,50: OPEN 10,00-10,20: MODERN 10,30-10,50: RACE 11,00-11,20: OPEN 11,30-11,50: MODERN 12,00-12,20: RACE 14,30-14,50: OPEN 15,00-15,20: EXTRA 15,30-15,50: RACE
16,00-16,20: EXTRA 16,30-16,50: FINAL PARADE (1st - 50th) 17,00-17,30: FINAL PARADE (51st - 100th)
Moto Guzzi World Club 2009 members will have a discount on the price of the event. Riders who are not Moto Guzzi World Club members yet and want to register, can do it at the Hospitality Tent, so they will be able to take advantage of the discount for members
Parade Member: free Not member: â¬ 10, 00 Non members booking at least 1 round in free practice = FREE
Practice 1 round: for members â¬ 25 not members â¬ 40
2 rounds: for members â¬ 50 not members â¬ 75 3 rounds: for members â¬ 75 not members â¬ 100
4 rounds: for members â¬ 95 not members â¬ 120
BOOKING FOR PRACTICE, PARADE, HAPPY HOUR If you are interested in attending this event, please visit the related link (belove)
* What kind of motorbike you are going to use in free practice, as well as the number of rounds you are going to book
* If you would like to take part in the final parade and what model of Moto Guzzi you are going to ride
* If you would like to participate to the Happy Hour ( if you come with some guests you have to state it in the booking form)
* Your first and last name, along with your phone number and email address
* Moto Guzzi World Club 2009 members have to quote their membership number when booking, please also let us know if you are not a member and you want to subscribe, when you will arrive at the Hospitality Tent.
* Rounds for track ride will be assigned in the morning, until availability is exhausted.
Moto Guzzi World Club: Our purposes - Promote the interest, knowledge and preservation of historical value Brand Moto Guzzi and motorcycles produced by it - Create and develop ties between the owners of motorcycles Moto Guzzi - Organize events, meetings, conferences, competitions - Spread the national and international mototourism, enhancing and rediscovering the local tourist itineraries thanks to the activities carried out and exchanges of information between members - Create and develop links with non-profit or other associations, sporting or otherwise, non-profit activities for social, humanitarian, environmental protection, etc., which can be helped through initiatives promoted by Association, in the motorcycle sector or other sectors - Develop relations with Moto Guzzi S.p.A. and coordinate its activities and its members with those of other clubs, international clubs and brand clubs. For these purposes, the Association will play all those activities relevant to the achievement of social purpose, like providing information and maintaining relations with other organizations and associations in Italy and abroad.