Itasca, IL (PressExposure) November 15, 2011 -- The most eye-catching difference when comparing the EA273WM to its predecessors is the completely redesigned chassis, which is up to 30% thinner and 25% lighter, while boasting a 130mm height-adjustable stand and future-proof connectivity such as DisplayPort and HDMI inputs. Other improvements include the redesigned On Screen Display (OSDÂ®) controls, user-friendly OSD menu and streamlined cable management. The EA273WM is packed with green features, including LED backlight technology, which reduces power by more than 40% compared to select previous generation EA Series models. Other eco-friendly highlights include ECO ModeÂ™ and smart sensing technology, including an ambient light sensor and human sensor, which detects user activity in front of the monitor and reduces its power up to 95% with inactivity.
The new MultiSync EA Series boasts numerous value-added features. The ControlSyncÂ™ feature allows users to control up to six EA273WM units in a multi-monitor configuration. Upon establishing one unit as the master, users will be able to control many performance attributes of the multi-monitor setup in unison through the single monitor.
"Our goal is not only to meet, but exceed our customers' expectations," said Lynn Gu, Product Manager at NEC Display Solutions. "The new MultiSync EA Series raises the bar for excellence and is ideal for those who desire performance-driven monitors with advanced technologies and full feature sets."
The MultiSync EA273WM includes the following features:
* 27-inch, 16:9 TN panel with LED backlighting
* Redesigned, slimmer chassis
* 1920 x 1080 full HD resolution
* 25,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
* 300 cd/mÂ˛ brightness
* Fully adjustable stand with 130mm height-adjust, tilt, swivel and pivot
* Advanced connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-D and VGA
* Integrated 4-port USB 2.0 hub
* Integrated (hidden) speakers
* Smart sensing technology (ambient light sensor and human sensor)
* ControlSync (up to six displays)
* Integrated cable management
* ECO Mode, carbon footprint meter and cost meter
* ENERGY STARÂ® 5.0 and TCO 5.1 compliant
* EPEATÂ™ Gold
The MultiSync EA273WM ships with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty and will be available in November 2011 at an estimated street price of $499.